April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 1,150 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

At 81 and in good health my 16 gauge ejector sterlingworth at 5 lbs 13 ounces with a second set of 20 gauge barrels would be hard to beat! Bobby

3 members like this: BrentD, Prof, mc, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Karl Graebner
eeb,
I'll fly it by the "tower" to see if it works.
Karl
Rotflmao!
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 08/17/22 01:56 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
James & Stan: This wasn't meant to be depressing (although I suppose it could go that way). I'm simply being forced to adapt to some changing conditions here (albeit grudgingly) and was wondering what others had come up with in similar circumstances. Ted's story of his pal on the Munger trail is bit of a downer, but I'm a cockeyed optimist these days (a surprising side-effect of attending too-many funerals lately). I'm looking forward and not back anymore...

Lloyd, my post was half tongue in cheek. I'm way to busy looking forward to life and all the great things still to enjoy and look forward to, to worry about what I hope will be a quick downward slide. Hell, send the right woman my way and I'd have another kid!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by Lloyd3
James & Stan: This wasn't meant to be depressing (although I suppose it could go that way). I'm simply being forced to adapt to some changing conditions here (albeit grudgingly) and was wondering what others had come up with in similar circumstances. Ted's story of his pal on the Munger trail is bit of a downer, but I'm a cockeyed optimist these days (a surprising side-effect of attending too-many funerals lately). I'm looking forward and not back anymore...

Lloyd, my post was half tongue in cheek. I'm way to busy looking forward to life and all the great things still to enjoy and look forward to, to worry about what I hope will be a quick downward slide. Hell, send the right woman my way and I'd have another kid!

Gutsy, dude. I wouldn’t try that. Might just be my experience, but, “Right Woman” is a moving target.

I digress.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: canvasback, Stanton Hillis
Boxlock
Boxlock

Karl
You are right. I try , and I pray to God to help me finish well . I am pretty sure the few guns I have are nothing more than icons of my sporting dog hunting life . I don't think of them as any more than that .....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by jldidier
I am pretty sure the few guns I have are nothing more than icons of my sporting dog hunting life . I don't think of them as any more than that .....

I know I'm a nut case, but some of my dove, quail and duck guns are more than that to me. I have given them names that, to me, reflect their "personality". They're the ones I have really bonded with over the years and days afield. Maddie, Susie, Sledgehammer ....... my guns have been an important part of my life for some 62 years. Nothing about that has changed, as I ease into my senior years.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve never named a gun.

Now dogs, I’ve named. Always somewhat obsolete people names.They were all Setters, kept everybody in familiar territory. Paddy, Gypsy, Stokeley, Louise. I’m thinking the next pooch (Louise is 9 as I write) will be a small, female Gordon Setter named Helen.

I suppose I could name a gun. Maybe Norse names for their Gods? Thor, Magnus, Fenrir, Oden, Loki?

I gotta’ ponder that.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like many here, I have a few to choose from... but for the sake of tradition, my last hunt, coming up sooner than I'd like, will be with a London 'best,' a Charles Lancaster 12-bore central-fire breech-loader from 1864.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

4 members like this: Tim Cartmell, TCN, BrentD, Prof, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

A guy could do worse....

Best,
Ted

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by gunmaker
I built a .500 Linebaugh double rifle years ago…wouldn’t want to shoot it in a handgun!

Children should not be playing with such things

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.