March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (KDGJ, canvasback, SKB, Ted Schefelbein), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Googled GB customer service number (720) 223-0164

I have used it once and a person did answer.

rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've had great luck the past 16 years, and out of over 700 feedbacks they're about half and half buying/selling. I didn't ask for anybody's opinion of whether it's a waste of time or not. I can make up my own mind how well i spend my time.

I specifically asked if anybody had any unresolved technical issues lately. Instead of much of anything useful i get dementia sounding blather from Run With the Mouth and useless. baseless (to wit: I've never visited Gunbroker, nor do I intend to) opinions on the quality of gunbroker, which is why i seldom ask anything on any gun forum anywhere.

Sidelock
Sidelock

have no unresolved issues...ed1

Last edited by ed good; 08/08/22 12:45 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by fnb25
I specifically asked if anybody had any unresolved technical issues lately. Instead of much of anything useful i get dementia sounding blather from Run With the Mouth and useless. baseless (to wit: I've never visited Gunbroker, nor do I intend to) opinions on the quality of gunbroker, which is why i seldom ask anything on any gun forum anywhere.

The major complaint, and unresolved technical issue I have with Gunbroker, is the change that happened a couple years ago with the Search Function. In the past, if I did a search for "Double Rifle", I got maybe 50 or 60 results, and most of them were either actual Double Rifles, or closely related items. My .450 BPE Double rifle was bought on Gunbroker, and paid for with a U.S. Postal Money Order... no problems, no issues, no scams. Just a gun that was even nicer than it was described.

Now if I do a search for "Double Rifle", I get perhaps 8000 or more results. And the vast majority have absolutely nothing to do with my Search request. This also happens with many other searches I do. I complained. I asked for a means to filter out all of the extraneous crap. I repeated my request several times. I got nothing from Gunbroker Support. A decade ago, when I had a problem logging in, they were helpful and quick to respond. Now it's like Biden's "Build Back Better". Nothing is Better. As a result, I don't spend as much time perusing Gunbroker auctions as I once did. Too bad, because I made some nice and interesting finds at nice prices there.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Logged on the other day with no issues

John
Arrieta2

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by keith
...The major complaint, and unresolved technical issue I have with Gunbroker, is the change that happened a couple years ago with the Search Function. In the past, if I did a search for "Double Rifle", I got maybe 50 or 60 results, and most of them were either actual Double Rifles, or closely related items. My .450 BPE Double rifle was bought on Gunbroker, and paid for with a U.S. Postal Money Order... no problems, no issues, no scams. Just a gun that was even nicer than it was described.

Now if I do a search for "Double Rifle", I get perhaps 8000 or more results. And the vast majority have absolutely nothing to do with my Search request. This also happens with many other searches I do. I complained. I asked for a means to filter out all of the extraneous crap....

It's that big column on the left side of your screen labeled FILTERS
By Type, Manufacturer, Model, Caliber, barrel length, etc.
I clicked on Rifles and immediatly eliminated 90% of the 8000 search results.
Just keep filtering.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Over many years on this forum and others, I've heard more complaints about Gunbroker than any other firearms commerce site. If it's as good as everyone says, I'll stand corrected on its quality. And I'll be sure not to comment on any of fnb25's posts here going forward.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 08/09/22 03:22 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Been using them for 20 years, both ways. A few issues to be sure but really the best place to find what a gun will bring.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Over many years on this forum and others, I've heard more complaints about Gunbroker than any other firearms commerce site. If it's as good as everyone says, I'll stand corrected on its quality. And I'll be sure not to comment on any of fnb25's posts here going forward.
JR

You hear more complaints, perhaps because more people use it. For people with a small amount of knowledge, most of the problems can be avoided (like torch colored guns, parts guns, etc.). It's probably the best approximation of a free market in the gun trade, espcially since you can look up the prices for which things actually sold.

Last edited by BrentD; 08/09/22 08:14 PM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

yep...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.