March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (bushveld, docbill, Dave Weber, cable, 2 invisible), 337 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Haven't received my letter yet but does it address if this forum will continue or will it end as well?
Don

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes a sad day for me as well. This magazine helped spark my interest about 6 years ago and ignited a passion for fine guns that still burns strongly today. Each new issue fanned the flames of interest in fine doubles. I suppose in a way it is amazing that the publisher sustained it for this length of time. I’m not sure the De Cote’s realized the impact they had on the hobby. This magazine will be sorely missed.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad news to be sure. After decades I can say they help educate my double gun taste far beyond where I thought it would ever go. Through them and this site I have met and befriended hundreds of people. I have lost too many of those same people but think that knowing them has enriched my enjoyment of all things double related. I wish them well in what comes next for them and thank them for all they helped me learn. I hope this board remains active for as long as possible.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is indeed sad news. Like many of you stated, I picked up the DGJ at a magazine rack years ago and it opened a window to a world unknown to me at that time. i was always interested in shotguns, but the DGJ educated me and introduced me to wonderful things unknown to me by then. It fueled my passion for fine guns and transported me to different times, far places, and wolds of mystic and adventure. The gift of passion about fine guns still burns in me strong and I will cherish the DGJ magazines I have accumulated. I am sure I will run my fingers through their pages again while sitting at my living room and appreciating some of the double guns I had the luck of acquiring as a result of the things I learned through the articles in the DGJ.It will be missed.BillK

1 member likes this: campero
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very very sad news frown I haven´t received the summer issue yet, but I´m waiting to read the reasons for this sad news. The Double Gun and Single Shot Journal is for me, since I discovered it, the best and more beautiful publication about handcrafted guns. I am going to miss opening each issue and turning its pages like one who discovers a treasure in each one.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

I through that Summer issue would be the last one with the letter by Daniel & Joanna, but in The Double Gun Journal Group on Facebook they have told me that it was the Spring one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I haven't recieved any letter neither news, and no mail.

Today is a very sad day for me.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have them all and it is a sad day there will be no more! Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

The closing of a chapter in an award-winning publication. Unique with a flavor all its own.
I wrote an article for them in 2003 on the family AAHE 1923 Parker.

Tom Kidd's articles on AH Fox shotguns could not be found elsewhere and had no peer.
Stay in touch, Stan.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

WBLDon, since no one has stepped forward to answer your question, here goes. The Double Gun Journal magazine has nothing particular in common with the DoubleGunBBS. Daniel and Joanna Cote are the proprietors of Double Gun Journal and this forum is owned and moderated by Dave Weber.

1 member likes this: Mills
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad news and this is the first I have heard it. I never did subscribe but I bought copies on the news stands until they disappeared, and I've accumulated a good number of issues from folks who've collected them. I'll bet the going price for old issues will go up substantially as there is so much great information in every issue...Geo.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.