Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too, there were strict rules on the steel stamps from the steel manufacturer to the mechanic who would convert the bar stock into a rough bored tube or completed tube. Not sure yet of the agreement or if there was penalty, but the mechanic was to apply specific text or characters to distinguish one type tube steel from another.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

[quote=

ed shared his business model on the other thread "the foundation of human relations is manipulation of others..." or "Do to others what's best for me and what I think I can get away with."
A motto anyone can be proud of.[/quote]

i have had EDD on ignore since he thought it would be cute to post a link into my personal email account here on the board. when i messaged dave weber and asked that he delete that link, i also asked that he banish EDD from the site (again)....he promptly deleted the link but chose to leave clever EDD to troll and trash as he sees fit. i, for one, would prefer that EDD not track mud and bulls**t onto my threads...but EDD obviously sees himself a wit, so his crap and drivel will obviously continue.

best regards (but not to EDD)

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

EDD is truly a turd in the punch bowl

1 member likes this: graybeardtmm3
Sidelock
Sidelock

doc drew, you are prechin nonsense now...

and m3, i know nothing of what you speak...

Last edited by ed good; 07/11/22 02:14 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Same gun? The SN and barrel flats are not shown
https://www.gunsamerica.com/9139617...-GRAND-PRIZE-1906-PRESENTATION-PRIZE.htm

Another sold in UK with 2 1/2" chambers
https://zh-cn.facebook.com/countrywaygunshop/posts/2353861118199057

As Jt said a prize winner at the Exposition Internationale de Milan, 1906
https://archive.org/details/expositionintern00drey

Sidelock
Sidelock

How can a gun with 4 bolts and a dolls head possibly be off face?

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is an answer from the Liege-Univers
This is ML model 6618 according the rib extension shown.
Here are photos of catalogue pages.
The a.m. ML catalogue sourced ex Cornell does not include it.
Old catalogue front page
http://www.jpgbox.com/page/70037
Model 6618 catalogue page
http://www.jpgbox.com/page/70038
Photo of the ML top model ex later catalogue
http://www.jpgbox.com/page/70039
This has been their best of a LIEGE-BEST haregun, with its opulent engraving,
typical 3/4 choke in both barrels, unsurpassable by any other maker.
A London auctionhouse sold a pair of those in the 52xxx nr range end of the
1990`s to US.
For anyone addicted to a London gun , these open bored London guns
are wonderful birdguns, but at a Central European hare shoot a nuisance
and "Aasjägerei".
If you come across such a ML gun buy it.
It is Gun-Off-Topic , but at present Times-ON-Topic.
The first Westerner who wanted to implant western values of -Liberty,Egalite,Fraternite-
into Eastern Europe has been this French-man from Korsica.
A great boulevard in Paris is named after his endeavour as "Avenue de la Grande Armee".
He left for his campaign versus POCCIJA with an ammassed army/headcount of 700.000.
A barrel of Chambertin accompanied him on his long trip towards the east.
He successfully entered MOSKWA, but the Moscovites burned down the town.
For the unsheltered French not used to - 20 C not a warm wellcome, so they returned.
A Petite-Armee of 20000 returned , what has happened to the 680000.
Simple answer.
"Verscharrt in den kalten weiten Steppen Osteuropas"
Amen
F. N.

Last edited by felix; 07/15/22 03:13 PM.
AGS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jtplumb
I was just researching that one great deal! Found half dozen ML hammer guns at different levels of engraving. Looks like they were proud of their Grand Prze win at 1906 Milan expo with that action. This gun dates 1928 (g proof date) has cannons Declour barrels and would be quite a deal for under a grand. Seller says hinge is loose but tight? Odd. It’s been restored. I will be bidding also but good eye my friend.

Well, I missed quite a buy by $5. Still happy. On the looseness issue, I suspect the cause may be side to side play between the lug and frame. I have had a couple of Sterlingworths and a Parker GH that did this to a small degree. The small excess side clearance will let the barrels rotate very slightly side to side when open but not when constrained in the closed position. It could of course have a little play in the pin that is being held tight by the crossbolt. If so, I will simply put a tiny shim in the hook to prevent future wear on the crossbolt or rib extension. At this price point, I think it is entirely justified and is reversible in the future. The one thing I plan on doing is take a shot at refinishing the stock. The restoration looks quite good in the pictures except that the finish looks a little simple. Hopefully an immersion strip, and a nice fill and oil finish may do the trick. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

AGS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by felix
Here is an answer from the Liege-univers
This is model ML model 6618 according the rib extension shown.
Will provide photos of catalogue pages.
The a.m. ML catalogue sourced ex Cornell does not include it.
It is Gun-Off-Topic , but with present Times-ON-Topic.
The first Westerner who wanted to implant western values of -Liberty,Egalite,Fraternite-
into Eastern Europe has been this French-man from Korsica.
A great boulevard in Paris is named after his endeavour as "Avenue de la Grande Armee".
He left for his campaign versus POCCIJA with an ammassed army/headcount of 700.000.
A barrel of Chambertin accompanied him on his long trip towards the east.
He successfully entered MOSKWA, but the Mocovites burned down the town.
For the unsheltered French not used to - 20 C not a warm wellcome, so they returned.
A Petite-Army of 20000 returned , what has happened to the 680000.
Simple answer.
"Verscharrt in den kalten Steppen Osteuropas"
Amen
F. N.

If you recieve any photos, I would appreciate seeing them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Photos added/edited in original post
Cheers
F.N.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.