March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (R. Glenz, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 287 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s becoming more and more of a challenge. I’m currently in CA dealing with details subsequent to the death of our son here. I called the USCCA prior to leaving to be double sure regarding CA and NV laws. While here I stopped in the last gun shop still open in the county where I was and they warned me about carry in AZ as I travel back.

And all this doesn’t even touch on what’s involved in visiting the grandkids in NY.

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Texas now has constitutional carry. I am keeping my permit for the sake of reciprocity.

Bill Johnson
1 member likes this: Tom Findrick
Sidelock
Sidelock

I carry. Almost zero people know that, I have done so for years. My wife did not know for many years until we got into a situation which made the need for ready access more important than total concealment. She knew I had a permit, but had never seen me carry. Concealment without compromising access is not easy but I think is important.

It’s getting harder to conceal as I lose more weight. Bulky clothing with a large body, gives you a lot more to work with, just like a jacket is a serious upgrade for concealment on skinny people. I’ve dropped 6”+ in waist and well more than a full jacket size. With my fat clothes I could hide two 1100’s.

I am limited in that I do not carry a second clip, but if I can’t put you down, with a .45, at extreme close range, I should not be carrying in the first place. Most people I know, who carry seem to think firepower is the answer. Never needing it is the answer but having it when you are wrong is priceless. For everything else there is Mastercard. Stay safe and keep your powder dry.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've kept up my Arizona CC for umpteen years since they first offered it. You don't really need it in AZ as the carry laws are pretty liberal but I want it for out of state. Though it can come in handy in AZ. I was driving home one night from Douglas in the farm dually wearing a coat and tie as I was going home from Lodge and a BP pulled me over. As he looked in the window he asked if there was something I wanted to tell him. I hadn't a clue what he was talking about and I followed his eyes...my pistol was on the passenger seat, all perfectly legal of course but showing him my conceal carry card eleminated any discussion.
He had no probable cause to pull me over... although maybe the pollero uniform for that night was formal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
I am limited in that I do not carry a second clip, but if I can’t put you down, with a .45, at extreme close range, I should not be carrying in the first place.

Very well said.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For me it depends which states I cross. I've done a transition from on me, to handy in the truck, to unloaded, to unloaded and cased. I suspect this is an era of a leo running an out of state license plate, and getting an instantaneous report of what the vehicle owner has for registered firearms. I don't know if an out of state felony arrest is recoverable. Simple solution, don't cross into or patronize some states unless absolutely necessary for a kid or grandkid.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by FallCreekFan
It’s becoming more and more of a challenge. I’m currently in CA dealing with details subsequent to the death of our son here. I called the USCCA prior to leaving to be double sure regarding CA and NV laws. While here I stopped in the last gun shop still open in the county where I was and they warned me about carry in AZ as I travel back.

And all this doesn’t even touch on what’s involved in visiting the grandkids in NY.

You have my deepest sympathy. I’m terribly sorry for your loss.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by FallCreekFan

You have my deepest sympathy. I’m terribly sorry for your loss.

Best,
Ted
Amen to that, Ted. So sorry, FCF.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yesterday afternoon as I got to my ranch gate there were 9 or 10 Border Patrol and Cochise County cruisers with a car and cuffed persons in the ditch. Between the ranch and farm is 4 or so miles, last week a very crashed car flipped/rolled and was 25 or so yards in the cow pasture-- a chase that ended quickly.
To not have access to a shooter at any given time would be like having no insurance or concern for safety. I am 7 miles from the AZ/MEX border.
Years ago it was just a bunch of farmers sons crossing the border for work, now there is a very dangerous and evil quality to to situation.
Thanks Brandon you idiot!

3 members like this: mc, eeb, Ted Schefelbein
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.