March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gankai, Pat Gidley, Gerry Addison, Jtplumb), 791 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,012
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by BrentD
Up to $5600. Wish I had one to dump.

Best,
Ted

And now $10,024 to you... Gets stranger and stranger

Strange is coming. Remember when I warned you a barrel of oil would be $200 this summer, and you laughed?

I’m laughing now.

Best,
Ted

I'm still willing to wager you that it won't. And I believe you may have said this spring. Regardless, Marlin 336s are not barrels of oil.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suspect this auction is some kind of a fraud.

A 'show trail' with newly registered biders who are actually the supposed seller.

That's an honest $800 rifle in today's market. Watch the seller. Other items will appear.

I bought a similar rifle 2 years ago. A '75 in fact. No scope. Some hunting marks in the stock finish. I paid $450.

I stripped the 'Marshield' lacquer and found a nice piece of walnut underneath.

Varathane 'natural' stain and a satin wiping poly went back on.

It's a beautiful Marlin, and looks 100% better than this one. The metal is 99%.

You cannot convince me I wiped $9K off the value of the rifle.

This whole thing is just fantasy.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Follow the money. That thing was stored in a Wayfair cabinet.

Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Up to $5600. Wish I had one to dump.

Best,
Ted

Strange is coming. Remember when I warned you a barrel of oil would be $200 this summer, and you laughed?

I’m laughing now.

Best,
Ted

I'm still willing to wager you that it won't. And I believe you may have said this spring. Regardless, Marlin 336s are not barrels of oil.

Regardless, your tag line would convince most to avoid wagers of any sort with you.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

References seem to indicate they only made 6 million of the model 336.

If 1% are in unused condition, that only leaves 60,000 for the serious Marlin collectors who must number in the hundreds.

What competition...

I have a pristine, mint, unused, genuine 870 Wingmaster for sale.

Bids start at $5,000.....

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Throw in a thousand 209 primers and a couple pounds of Red Dot and your asking price seems almost a bargain.

Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Good luck with that....

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

This was a very strange auction. And it is hard to believe that any two bidders are dumb enough to bid that much for a .30-30 Marlin that is by no means rare. The made in Belarus scope is certainly no Lieca either. The seller has 11 more guns on Gunbroker currently. It will be interesting to see if the same unusual activity happens again.

That said, the market for a lot of guns is quite strong. I'm seeing selling prices for common lever guns that I never imagined. Ohio was a shotgun or muzzleloader only deer hunting state. But they recently legalized straight wall cartridge guns, so demand for lever action guns in calibers like .45-70, .444 Marlin, .44 Magnum, etc. skyrocketed.

I just saw a Russian SKS sell for $900.00, and it was in the same condition as one I bought at a local flea market for $120.00 several years ago. Even those much maligned vintage 12 gauge field grade doubles are selling for a good deal more than they were 10 years ago. I keep waiting for sanity to return to the gun market, but prices keep rising.

I suppose that demand for guns and other consumer goods could soon change though, as everybody is becoming poorer each passing day due to Biden inflation, and stock markets dragging down their investments and 401-K's. Printing trillions of dollars and vastly expanding the money supply will do that. Today, Vladimir Putin was threatening that he could drive up the price of oil to $300.00 a barrel. Ted's prediction of $200.00 per barrel oil doesn't sound at all far-fetched now. Trump was smart enough to order topping off the Strategic Oil Reserve in March 2020 when prices fell. Now it is being drained to prop up Altzeheimer Joe's sagging poll numbers. Who could've saw that coming?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’m laughing now.

Best,
Ted

Regardless, your tag line would convince most to avoid wagers of any sort with you.

Best,
Ted
You are still losing. As is Dave, but that's another story.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

We’re all losing, you idiot.

1 member likes this: Buzz
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.