Originally Posted by KY Jon
Are those his initials on the floor plate? CJF I doubt your wife’s uncle did this to this gun as a collector. Most likely he bought it as is. I wonder what the original stock ended up looking like before it was replaced. I saw a Parker with tacks driven into the stock to decorate it and a compass inlet in the stock. Not a good look for a graded Parker. At least it’s not touched.

I see this like a person finding a 65 Mustang in nice condition and having fins added to the rear end or plush carpet on the dash. But what becomes a rare gun at some point in time was just a old used gun. I hope this gun sells to person willing and interested in restoring it a bit more like original.

Hi Jon, I share your hope about gun finding someone who will put it right, or at less wrong.

I had thought about undertaking restoration but decided it was a bigger investment then I wanted to make. And I already have a grade 2 20gauge Flues I was lucky enough to be given by an uncle on my mom's side. While I love the 28ga chambering, I much prefer the grade 2 to grade 1 engraving (even before someone 'customizes' it) so I am good for small gauge Flues.