March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Marc Ret, SKB, Argo44, FlyChamps, 1 invisible), 370 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,002
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
AGS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by AGS
It is the one gun that I can gaurantee will be available to put in the pine box with me.

Please don't do that. Leave it to a kid if you don't have any of your own suitable. Remember, we're only stewards of these things...
JR
No need to worry. Like everyone else in KY, I have a concealed carry permit in case it is a closed casket service..

Also, I have a firearms trust leaving all the meat of my collection to my only Grandson. I really believe in letting someone use one. I gifted several guns to friends of kids last Christmas and over the last 2 years. I build a lot of musical instruments and never sell them. They either stay with me or I gift them to people I know who are real pickers or kids I don't really know but who I have seen and they show talent or a real effort but can't afford a decent instrument. A lot of the guns I gift are classics I rescue and rebuild into useful condition.

Last edited by AGS; 02/21/22 04:17 PM.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have done the same- have 2 grandsons, the oldest is 17, will graduate HS 2023 and plans to attend MIT-He shot his first deer with his Dad and me this past Nov. lots of woodchucks and squirrel too-and went out with me for waterfowl as well- He's a safe gun handler, and will end up with his choice of my pre-1950 Winchesters, Colts and S&W pistols- a bit like Corey Ford's letter to a grandson I suppose- MIT is top choice for a physics major, but he won't be be home on Fall week-ends to go hunting with Grandpa very often. Fortunately, he is right handed, as I am, and his Dad is a Southpaw, so we are A-OK in that area. My younger grandson is 11-is a baseball all-star, and as his Mother, my youngest daughter, is an anti-gun, anti-hunting Biden and Obama lover, he will never even do any target shooting with any of my .22's (Winchesters)-- Damn shame, but one of the cannons of the ethics of grandparenthood is to stay the hell out of your children's family life and beliefs- his Dad is a good guy, works hard in his Yuppie careers, and loves golf-and also fishing- just not fly fishing as I do. So, to be as fair as one can be in a basically unfair world that is "chiefed by the double tongued", he will inherit my "working" collection of Winston, Leonard and Goodwin Granger cane rods, and my assortment of Hardy and Bogdan fly reels- Plus a few Heddon and Garcia fiberglas rods and spin reels, and misc lures and tackle boxes. Not quite the same dilema as the Hebrew king and the "baby splitting" decision, but I'll do my best. Son-in-law that shoots with gets the remaining Colts and S&W---RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wouldn't leave the rustiest Walmart $3.99 reel to an Obama-Biden loving grandson. Let them use a handline.

1 member likes this: keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Appreciate your concern, but Robert is only 10--it's his Mama, our youngest daughter, that has those Demmy-Crat , Pro-Afro-American leanings. She got started on the wrong foot with Carter over Ford, and my late father blew a gasket whenever politics came up on Sunday family dinners- and later on, she graduated from a Fem-Lib college, then grad school- she sure as hell didn't get that crap from me--now Sleepy Joe is selected a colored female to be the next Scotus appointee- Robert Byrd and Strom Thurmond, we sure could use you gents back on the Senate now.. As for the tackle, Robert is already using the spinning gear at the family cottage on Torch Lake (MI) and likes worm fishing. RWTF

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A kid with a libbocrat mom is a lost cause, not to be trusted with your inheritance until he is old enough to change his colors and prove himself. That is usually long enough for him to sell the guns and smoke up the money. I am in the unfortunate situation that I have no one to give them to.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No grandsons, then? Mae and I have a "brace" of both grandsons and granddaughters, our three daughters are married and except for the "libocrat" youngest gal, are normal (by my standards anyway)-- howinhell she turned out to be a niggerlover is beyond me-- I just bite my tongue and hope some day she will see the error of her political views as Biden and his blackVeep piss our Country down the drain. RWTF

1 member likes this: HomelessjOe
Sidelock
Sidelock

Go ahead Fox,
Tell us all how you feel about the Jews while you are at it.
I’ll bet there’s a cabal in their someplace.

Out there doing it best I can.
1 member likes this: JBLondon
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eightbore
A kid with a libbocrat mom is a lost cause, not to be trusted with your inheritance until he is old enough to change his colors and prove himself. That is usually long enough for him to sell the guns and smoke up the money. I am in the unfortunate situation that I have no one to give them to.

I’ll give your Halifax a good home, and make sure it goes into the rotation.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I hope the barrels measure up to be safe. If so, my reading would suggest that the NIDs were mechanically at the top of the heap of American SxS’s.

Dewey Vicknair certainly thought so in his classic 2016 critique of American double gun classics which deserves re-reading:
https://vicknairgunsmithing.blogspot.com/search?q=Comparison+of+American+gunmakers

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.