March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 876 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I never considered that.

Yet another excuse enters my arsenal.

'The curse of the 31'.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Next week, if you shoot a 17 with it, let me know what you want for it smile

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Next week, if you shoot a 17 with it, let me know what you want for it smile

I'll keep that in mind. Unfortunately, there are a few guys ahead of you.

And, I shot 22 with it, yesterday. Trap doubles, just for kicks.

I can say, it is not a skeet gun. Not my skeet gun, anyway.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a very cool looking old Halifax, Ted. I find those push-through safety buttons a pain regardless of which side they're on. Someone who really knows his Darnes once shared a safety work around involving the action key. I'm trying to remember what it was.... Good luck working through this dilemma! Do let us know what you decide.

BW

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bill,
You can use the opening lever as a safety, if you keep it up to the point that there is just a bit of daylight between the breech and the barrels. The gun can't fire in that position. Some people find it easier to simply close the action at the flush, as opposed to manipulating the safety.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sometimes, they come back...

I sold this gun to a guy I consider a friend, although I have never met him in person. He used it a few years, along with several others, a V21 and an R15. He has moved across country, and for many reasons doesn’t need the spread of guns he had before. He kindly contacted me first, and offered me first right of refusal.

I didn’t refuse.

This gun was built around the time the Titanic sank. It is a short chamber 12, choked about IC and IM. The barrel walls measure .056 thick at a point 9” from the breech, they are monsters, the guys at the factory loved thick barrels. 27 3/4” in length. Being newly right handed, I was very happy to get it back. I’d guess it has about 3/8ths of an inch of cast, and it comes up as well as anything else I am playing with at the moment, in my fidgety gun mount that needs work. It is so cold at the moment, practicing my mount is about all I can do. Still thinking about a pad, but, that would ruin any cold weather use of the gun, as it would be too long with my wool coat on. Cold weather screams 12 gauge.

Money shot, for Argo:

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: 16 Shooter
Sidelock
Sidelock

Had to give jOe a like for that post on page two.

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Money shot, for Argo:

He should be recovered from that alcohol/meth induced rant from the deleted Miller thread.

1 member likes this: keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those who hunt in cold weather and make their own pads, make two. One for the cold, one for the heat.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Online, dude. Going well. Do it when I got a minute.

It’s free, you know.

Unlike that RBL you don’t use.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Online, dude. Going well. Do it when I got a minute.

Hennepin Tech? When you have a minute? What, no more honey dews?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.