March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Kip, Sandlapper, old colonel, Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 764 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,012
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
spring Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by halifax
Huey Gun Cases has a women who will make a custom canvas cover to fit the exact dimensions of a gun case. She does good work and is reasonable, if she is still in business.

I spoke with Huey this morning and he me told about her; said she doesn't do it anymore and that he hopes that someone somewhere will step in and take her place; said he gets calls regularly from people looking for these things.
I also spoke with Connecticut Guns and they said they won't sell the ones that come with some of their cases separately. Spoke with Jeff's Outfitters also; was told that they currently do not have a source but hope that in a few weeks they may, though expected that the quality of what they have coming will not match what they used to sell.

Appears I gotta keep looking.....

Edit: Found one that should do. Appears many of the trunk cases in the past came with these and I mostly wanted to complete things with a new case I just got. Anyway, thanks for the ideas and suggestions!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Brittany Man
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Spend a significant amount of money for a nice leather covered case to protect your gun, then spend more money for a case to protect the case. What's next, a cover to protect the canvas cover that is protecting the leather case, that is protecting the gun?

My, how far we have come from our fathers' and grandfathers' opinions of doubleguns.

JMO. Not picking on anyone in particular.

Stan,

Do you carry that 1911 you've mentioned in other threads around in a burlap feedsack?

Some double guns deserve a nice leather case although I'll be the first to admit that they are not the most practical thing. For serious travel where things get knocked around I like an Amaricase. Heavy suckers though.

1911, as in Colt .45ACP? No, it rides beside my right leg in my pickup ......... at ready. Have I mentioned it in other threads on this site? IDR.

I've got no problem with nice leather cases. I've got several of my own. But I don't try to preserve them with a canvas cover.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Keep an eye out on EBay, I have picked up two different covers over the years at good prices.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
1 member likes this: spring
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have both a cloth cover that the later Parker repro cases came with and also one of the early canvas and leather case covers for the Parker repro cases

What is the length of the case

Is it the same size as the Parker cases?

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe it would work

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
spring Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

John,

I just got a call from the company that offered them online where I made a purchase yesterday letting me know that they no longer have the product available as it was getting too expensive to produce in the form that they have previously offered them. They are now, supposedly, redesigning them without the leather corners and such. Anyway, I'm now looking again. My case has the following dimensions: 30.5" x 9" x 3"

Sidelock
Sidelock

spring,

If all else fails you can try ordering a case cover direct from Emmebi. I looked at their webpage & you can order the covers by the model # of the case or by dimensions.

I ordered a case + cover in 2015 from them & they were easy to work with & everything went smoothly. Quality of their top cases is not what you would get with a British best gun but still pretty good. Price of the case cover w/o the padded lining was 190 euro at that time. so it will not be inexpensive.

The only downside to their padded cover is that they use foam for the padding which in my experience (not w/ Emmebi) but other similar stuff will break down w/age. I think the quilted fabric liner with cotton batting padding I had added to my case cover will last much longer.

You also might try getting an Emmebi dealer to order it for you. John Boyd was importing them at one time so he may be able to help you.

Emmebi:

Tel (+39) 0302 66 366
e-mail info@emmebi.it

1 member likes this: spring
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.