March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Licensed to kill), 745 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Living in a dairy farming area as I do I had w word with a Farmer friend about water buffalo and Mozzarella cheese. Most of the Mozzarella cheese we see today is made from cows milk though due to us Brits holidaying all over Europe and finding that Pizza made with Buffalo milk is far superior increasing demand for real Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese. This is starting to save the small Cheshire farmers from the dire straights they where in due to the UK joining the European union. According to my Farmer friend there are two European types of domesticated Water buffalo one that requires to spend time in water and the other that can take it or leave it, African Water Buffalo are Death on four legs so no chance of milking them though the domesticated breeds are large and can end your life if you are not careful with them. So as it stands today milking herds of water Buffalo are now springing up hear and in many European countries because of the high value of the milk. As like all farming enterprise when a animal is past its best a quick visit to the abattoir so horn becomes available though not in great quantities yet but growing.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
Sidelock
Sidelock

I learn something every time I come here. I had no idea water buffalo existed outside the south Pacific. Game animals in Australia, draft animals in the Philippines, that sort of thing.

Caution: Hunting and fishing stories told here. Protective footgear may be required.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by damascus
African Water Buffalo are Death on four legs so no chance of milking them though the domesticated breeds are large and can end your life if you are not careful with them.

That is the African Cape Buffalo. Not the same animal as Water Buffalo at all.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
PhysDoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I never imagined when I started this thread that it would take such interested turns. I did not picture it turning to cheese.
Now, I am going to turn it into an even more strange direction, dog treats... Looking for water buffalo horn on ebay, I found this

water buffalo horn dog chew toys

For those people that actually make horn forend tips, do you buy these and turn them into forend tips?

Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the members here, from Alaska, frequently sells nice water buffalo horn on ebay.

He sells under the handle jojodo, and, I believe, helped the Petrov family deal with some of Michael's "stuff".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203538395488?hash=item2f63d57160:g:NuYAAOSwTxJc-Zor

https://www.ebay.com/str/jodotargetarms?_trkparms=folent%3Ajodotargetarms%7Cfolenttp%3A1&_trksid=p3542580.m47492.l74602

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Deleted by poster

Last edited by Carl46; 01/26/22 08:45 PM. Reason: It was in poor taste and unwarranted.

Caution: Hunting and fishing stories told here. Protective footgear may be required.
PhysDoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Carl46
And if so, does your dog chew your gun?

My dog chews a lot of things, I hope in the future that you will give better contributions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fred, while looking at those Ebay offerings of water buffalo horn, one of them looked as if the section of horn was hollow. If you decide to buy any of these for your dog, could you please let us know if they are indeed hollow, or if there is enough solid material that they might be suitable for things like buffalo horn forearm tips or buttplates? They seem pretty reasonably priced compared to blocks of horn that I've seen for sale. Thanks.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I buy water buffalo horn in block form from Joe D who is a member of this forum. I have bought larger sections of horn in the past, much of it is hollow and not suitable for gun work.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

You need to get another piece of horn and start over

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.