March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, SKB, Little Creek, 2 invisible), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Hope Ted has quite a bit of PBR in a can on hand. My bet is he does.

As far as I understand the law, and I may be mistaken, possession limit is just that. The number of in this case birds you have in aggregate between your home and in the field. It is not a limit for the year or any other restriction. I never hit my possession limit in Montana but I was close enough that if I kept hunting I would have had too many birds. I gave them away and at that point did not have a single bird with me or at home.

I believe at that point my possession limit did indeed start over.

I'm sure the constitutional scholars and virologists on the board will be along shortly to issue my felony indictment wink

Dustin,
I only signed my name to the note transferring the game to my friend. I assume he signed his name. If you are losing sleep over the matter I can contact to verify he did so.

Why would you think I’d be losing sleep over you or something you did? You’re just not that important to me. No offense.

2 members like this: keith, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

My God, I love internet lawyers.

Y'all make sure your have every scrap of last year's deer, elk, bear out of your freezers before you whack the next one.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: apachecadillac
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My home is about 2 miles from one of the most prolific, and popular, walley fisheries in the world.

This topic is one that probably starts with local kids in kindergarten.

Every state draws the lines differently on possession of fish and game.

Some states allow for subsistence living, so you can shoot game and share it with the other members of your community. Some states draw the line at processing. So if something has been processed for storage, it doesn’t count against your possession limit.

Some states take an even stricter view which says that if they can identify the pieces as parts of an animal, it counts against your personal possession limit. So they might thaw a bag of fish just to see how many bluegill fillets are in the bag. (Limit 75 in pos)

The reason for these things is he has to protect the resource, but also see to it that sportsman don’t monetize wild Fish and game held in public trust.

And let me tell you, with all of the retirees around where I live, people could pay for home additions by selling off their walleye and perch fillets.

The limit is 8 per day, if you decide to take two limits a day, four days a week, when they’re in the river, you can catch them literally in the tons.

CheckingFreezer contents is pretty standard operating procedure around here.

You can give them to your wife without telling her. You can give them to your kids without telling them. So at 24 fish, 48 fillets, per resident of the household, you can have all kinds of fish in your freezer without breaking the law. You can chop them into pieces and can them like tuna, and store God knows how many, and because their form has been changed, you would probably never be challenged.

Just don’t monetize it.

Montana is different on this matter than MI.

As I recall, I want to say a case was prosecuted that clarified what the status of the game was that was stored in a camper. Where the owner of the camper was claiming that the camper was his domicile, and anything stored within it met the rendered to possession/storage legal requirements.

I think they lost.

Out there doing it best I can.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
Originally Posted by SKB

As far as I understand the law, and I may be mistaken, possession limit is just that. The number of in this case birds you have in aggregate between your home and in the field. It is not a limit for the year or any other restriction. I never hit my possession limit in Montana but I was close enough that if I kept hunting I would have had too many birds. I gave them away and at that point did not have a single bird with me or at home.

I'm sure the constitutional scholars and virologists on the board will be along shortly to issue my felony indictment wink

Dustin,
I only signed my name to the note transferring the game to my friend. I assume he signed his name. If you are losing sleep over the matter I can contact to verify he did so.

Why would you think I’d be losing sleep over you or something you did? You’re just not that important to me. No offense.

Well you seem interested in proving I did not follow the letter of the law and still have the Rittenhouse thread on your mind. My bad.....

PS Has anyone ever told you that you take things a bit too literal at times Dustin? Loosing sleep was tongue in cheek.

lighten up a bit, maybe pop a beer like Ted.

Last edited by SKB; 01/09/22 06:58 PM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I never said anything about season limits. You decided to enter that in the conversation on your own.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
I never said anything about season limits. You decided to enter that in the conversation on your own.

You are confused enough with possession limits, no need to add to your confusion.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Originally Posted by SKB

Dustin,

Well you seem interested in proving I did not follow the letter of the law and still have the Rittenhouse thread on your mind. My bad.....

PS Has anyone ever told you that you take things a bit too literal at times Dustin? Loosing sleep was tongue in cheek.

lighten up a bit, maybe pop a beer like Ted.

I see things, people & situations for what they are. If that’s literal, then I’m guilty as charged.

I’m not interested in proving anything. I had the Rittenhouse thread on my mind because I’ve got a memory like an elephant and reading things some people wrote in that thread were so ridiculous it makes the thread pretty memorable.

You don’t know me, if you did know me, you’d know that I’m as cool as cucumber, low heart rate and all…..it takes a lot more than a burnt out dead head to get me riled up. 😀.

Take it easy, Steve.

1 member likes this: keith
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Dustin,
I was not going to bring up your ridiculous statements or lack of understanding of what a straw purchase is on the Rittenhouse thread even though I did not forget it wink

Nothing cooler than a dude who tells you just how cool he is....

Kind of like snipers, if they have to tell you, that is all you really need to know.

Stay cool Dustin.

I always take it easy, is there another way?

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
....Just don’t monetize it.

Montana is different on this matter than MI.

As I recall, I want to say a case was prosecuted that clarified what the status of the game was that was stored in a camper. Where the owner of the camper was claiming that the camper was his domicile, and anything stored within it met the rendered to possession/storage legal requirements.

I think they lost.
I think what you say makes sense. It seems to me, investigation and enforcement of game laws may have a lower bar than some other laws. I think for seach purposes and firearm laws, regular vehicles might have similar protections in MT that traditional homes do. Once wildlife officers are in the home, digging through freezers, I don't know if that's a fun position to be in.

Many years back, I did watch a pair of Wisconsin duck hunters get their gear and vehicle impounded for being in possession of lead shot. It was actually funny watching the warden put a sneak on their open water blind and seeing the splashes of shells on the water once he started wading out. He spent about five minutes wading around the blind, collecting "evidence". I don't know any particulars, as to how rigid the confiscation was, but I remember thinking it seemed quite the over reach for the level of the sin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see things, people & situations for what they are. If that’s literal, then I’m guilty as charged.

I’m not interested in proving anything. I had the Rittenhouse thread on my mind because I’ve got a memory like an elephant and reading things some people wrote in that thread were so ridiculous it makes the thread pretty memorable.

You don’t know me, if you did know me, you’d know that I’m as cool as cucumber, low heart rate and all…..it takes a lot more than a burnt out dead head to get me riled up. 😀.

Take it easy, Steve.

I made a reply to some of the unadulterated bullshit that SKB was posting in that Rittenhouse Thread. Or perhaps I should say that I attempted to reply to the outright falsehoods SKB posted. But even though my rely contained zero name-calling, or false or inflammatory statements, it was Censored. It didn't get posted. It was the type of censorship that Mark Zuckerberg engages in to protect the Left. No difference at all. Mark and the Censors at Facebook would be proud.

SKB was insistent and argumentative with all who defended the actions of Kyle Rittenhouse. SKB insisted that Kyle had made a very illegal and felonious Straw Purchase of the AR-15 rifle he used to shoot his attackers. My post which was censored countered those falsehoods with facts. Kyle was never charged with making a Straw Purchase, and his friend who purchased the rifle just had the ridiculous felony charges against him dropped in a plea deal. It is likely that the Judge in the case will still simply reject the plea deal and dismiss the prior felony charges. The facts remain... The gun Kyle used was never illegally transferred to him. It was stored at the home of the friend who purchased it, and stored in the friends' fathers' gun safe. Kyle was legally allowed to use the rifle because all legal requirements were met. That is why his illegal possession of a firearm charges were dismissed during his trial.

This is why SKB loves selective moderation. It enables SKB to get away with posting Liberal Left crap without being challenged. Had I been permitted to challenge and expose those falsehoods as in the past, SKB, and likely some other Liberals here would have reverted to their own name-calling, disruptive behavior, and doxxing... just as they had in the past. SKB would almost certainly have attempted to once again impose his/her sexual orientation on me and jOe... like so many times before. Evidence of that behavior is still here... except for the great volume of it that was deleted by Dave. Hard to blame SKB for pretending to have never been engaged in repeated rule violations here, and for using some little donations as a means to hide behind Dave's apron... even if it is both disingenuous and pathetic.

Sure makes me want to donate and continue to subsidize the lying Libtards...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.