Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

My fishing buddy's house survived but houses a block away didn't. I think he's still somewhat screwed -unless they get utilities restored soon his pipes will probably freeze this weekend. He's not complaining about that. We'll try get in with some portable space heaters. You can see the extents of the burn area at the link below. Zoom in around Superior CO.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

With all the fires burning in Canada and the smoke that you on the east coast are dealing with the report from the investigation into this historic fire a year and a half ago was finally released yesterday.

“BOULDER, Colo. — The most destructive wildfire in Colorado history started with a dormant blaze burning on a religious group’s property and was fed by a second fire believed to have been sparked by Xcel Energy equipment, according to a report released Thursday by the Boulder County Sheriff's Office and District Attorney's Office.” NBC 9News

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't imagine losing my home to something like that. It must be horrible. All the rest of us can do is pray that people are all right. We, down here in SW Ohio are getting a smell of the Canadian fires. I was just up in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut last week. The pictures I have been watching on TV of that are awful. Some of us don't know how lucky we are, I guess.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The side effect for those of us in Colorado who weren't directly affected by this fire is our homeowner's insurance rates have skyrocketed. My homeowner's insurance has gone up 100% over a two-year period, some of this is due to the increase in home values but the majority is driven by the fires & hail storms.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It flew under the radar a bit, but a few weeks ago, there were some Alberta fires blew some dirty yellow smoke, down into the plains. Up in the potholes, the water seems much better than last season, looks like lots of ducks with elbow room to spread out. Pheasant looks like they are doing well too.

dogon #631298 06/10/23 10:38 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by dogon
The side effect for those of us in Colorado who weren't directly affected by this fire is our homeowner's insurance rates have skyrocketed. My homeowner's insurance has gone up 100% over a two-year period, some of this is due to the increase in home values but the majority is driven by the fires & hail storms.

We retired here to Colorado 8 years ago to be near kids/grandkids. I am currently waist deep in another major hail insurance claim and will soon have my third new roof put on in this brief stay plus three successive summers of choking, poisonous smoke from wildfires (‘19,‘20,’21). Most everyone is hurting economically to some degree but especially fixed income folks. And all of that doesn’t even take into account the incredible self inflicted cultural damage being done to the state. (By way of balance, I should say that the majority of Coloradans view what I see as damage as actually progress and improvement.)

But…we still have a home unlike so many who lost everything and in many cases can’t afford to rebuild.

Last edited by FallCreekFan; 06/10/23 10:19 PM.

Speude Bradeos
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.