March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (KDGJ, Argo44, Stanton Hillis, Pat Gidley), 759 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,012
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't forget Leopold Mozart, and later, Leopold Stravinski as well as Aldo Leopold, "A Sand Country Almanac" all note worthy. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
How picky a warranty department is within any particular company is indicative of their future success, IMO. I'm about to find out how Benchmade Knive's is, on warranty repairs.

I’ve used Benchmade knives exclusively for almost thirty years, except for my little victorinox penknife key rings.
The only problem I ever had was a loose screw on a scale.
Benchmade replaced both scales, screws, pocket clip, and sharpened it to factory new, no cost.
My cost was whatever it took to ship it to Oregon from Seattle.

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun - 2nd or 3rd positive for Holland & Holland, allowed me to swing some guns in their NYC arms room despite my looking like a college kid sweatied right off the ball field (Summertime, dressed terribly, visiting and a call-in, walk-in). And custom gunmaker Patrick Holehan of Tucson AZ custom who years ago so friendly and took a lot of time to chat w a newer collector! Last, Gottfried Prechtl of m agnum Mauser actions, after parts, willing to ship spares direct to US (despite some German forms and sum such).

Watch - suunto- shipped malfunctioning after-warranty watch to Sweden/Finland (?) and they sent me a brand new watch as a replacement, no questions asked.

Clothes - Patagonia - replacement warranty free lifetime, sent them a pair of worn out torn up heavy canvas double thick pants bought in 1996 and they replaced it free; did it again six years later, they replaced it again; third time I sent in my pants they kept them and sent me a $45 credit gift card and wrote me -“do not send us clothes again.”

Fish - Most recent, got a wrong part from Mystic Reel Parts for a Penn Senator, despite my having described exactly what I needed and what I already had (they sent me the part I already had). Sent the bad part in and they called me about other stuff I wanted to order. So on phone call w Mystic to refund exchange was told I ordered the wrong part - and told this twice leaving me at fault - after a discussion about THAT and some dickering over what screws to order, was told to look at the diagrams and they hung up on me. Called back asked for the owner’s name but was told “take your business elsewhere” and they hung up on me. Least I got my Cc refund.

Last edited by rrrgcy; 12/06/21 02:11 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent I've never sent a Leupold, Swarovski or a Schmidt and Bender scope in for any kind of repair.. over the years I've owned ar least 20+ Leupold scopes without any issues.

What I was referring to with Leupold customer service was the time I called them and told them I lost a cover for one of my scopes wanting to buy one....they sent me two for free.

Another time I called Swarovski wanting to buy a cover for a 1-4x24 scope because the clear cover on one had gotten a little blured....he said no problem I'll send you one free of charge....I said thanks then told the guy I still wanted to buy one so I would have a spare for my other 1-4×24 scope....he said no problem I'll send you two free of charge.

Another time my Swarovski binoculars bounced off my dash hit the gear shift and broke one of the eye cups...
A short time later a new eye cup arrived with instructions on how to put it on.

Never had any issues with a Schmit and Bender if i did I'm sure they'd be right there and take care of any problem.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Heres a couple that suck...

Smith and Wesson.....I have about a 1940s nickle Snub nose JFrame .32 long...might be an I frame not sure and don't care.

The main pin that the hammer rides on in the frame broke I called S&W anout getting it repaired....everything was going good until I gave him the serial number then he advised me that they did not work on guns built before 1960.

A few years back had issues with an AR scope....sent it in to be repaired they charged me and made me sign a waiver stating that I would not bad mouth them on the internet or they would sue me.

I paid them and signed the waiver so I cant tell you the name of the mayor company....looking back I should have thrown the scope in the trash and trashed them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Zeiss.

A friend asked me to repair his rifle which had something heavy, maybe a horse and saddle fall on it. The Diavari 3x9 was ruined, the objective bell was out of round, main tube bent, a real mess. I replaced it with a Weaver I had so he could get hunting again.

I took a chance and sent the Diavari back to Zeiss asking for an estimate. Three months later it showed up good as new, no charge, fixed under warranty.

BTW, the boys over at the 24HCF have been complaining about Leupold quality going downhill the last few years. I haven't bought a new one in quite a while and can't comment.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Orvis, Champlin Arms, Patagonia and Benchmade come immediately to mind. All with extremely high levels of customer service.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I hadn't thought about clothing but, I agree on Orvis. High quality gear and great customer service.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.