I have a revelation; I bought it when they were 1995:00 and they threw in a decent leatherette covered negrini-ish case. The gun has a nicely figured straight stock - no cast but very thin in the cheek which is as good as an eigth cast for a righty or lefty. The whole gun is very slim. The wood to metal fit is fine. All in all, it a fast handling piece and a blast to shoot at clays in my back yard and at the club. I haven't hunted it yet but I think it's going to be a great quail gun. On the down side, I had to clean the rust out of the dry ejectors before it operated correctly. Also under the forearm you'll notice the rib is open between the barrels so you'll have to keep an eye on that to keep out too much moisture. Another feature is the hand rubbed oil finish. I don't know what formula they use, but it's a high gloss and is very well done; not tru oil like some of the higher pticed guns. Oh, and the rib though straight, flat and true, is not file cut or machined, but appears embossed. My barrels and trigger guard arre polished to a fair and attractive gloss. They usually have some polished available, but advertise the piece as matte finish.
On the other hand, I broke 45 of 50 last Sunday with my straight stocked single trigger 28in Italian sxs in my back yard (quartering crossers from both sides and away birds) and enjoyed that gun above all my others including the 30in csmc.
I wanted an American gun though and the revelation is what I was willing to swing pricewise.
DB Crockett

P.S. you probably can't get as nicely figured wood as I got for the 2495:00 that they charge now, but the upgrades look very nice.