March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (bushveld, docbill, Dave Weber, cable, 2 invisible), 339 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
wonder what clays shooters have to say...

You don't listen when you hear it...........

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I heard George retired. Wonder if his partner is still at the game, or if it is all over?

I want one of those double trigger, extractor guns, just not enough to be divorced over it.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...anship--really-nice.cfm?gun_id=101590489

Best,
Ted

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

$28,000 ah doe las fur ah gon?

ma rone!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

i like ejectors..they are cool...but they are an annoying distraction on the target range...high volume scores are about focus and concentration...one does not need to have to deal with flying empties...when working on breaking 25 straight...

Last edited by ed good; 11/12/21 10:25 PM.

crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thinking about a comment reminded me that though my Parkers have ejectors, most of the time I catch the empty to avoid littering or having to bend over to pick it up.

And my double rifles have only extractors - who wants that expensive brass lost in the weeds?

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

as i understand it...

the reason for the development of ejector guns in england, was so me load's loader could reload a pair of guns faster, so he could kill more pheasants as they were driven over his stand...not much sportsmanship in that...just killing as much as he could, as fast as he could...

ejector guns became popular here around 1900, due to the popularity of live pigeon shooting and pass shooting at flocks of waterfowl...

the demand to be able to put a lot lead in the air resulted in the creation of the winchester model 1893 pump gun...and others shortly thereafter...and there again its all about killing as much as you can as quick as you can...

and the ultimate high volume bird killing machine is of course the semi automatic self loading shotgun, beginning with the browning a5 in 1902...

it is a sad commentary, that so called sportsmen gave up the beautiful, graceful, elegant doublegon in favor of ugly, clubby, clunky high volume killing machines...

but, alas, as a result of the popularity of self loading guns, many fine vintage doubles wound up in the back of the closet and forgotten about...occasional one of these beauties surfaces and passes through my hands...what a joy it is to see, touch and handle them for a while, before they are passed to another who appreciates their special value...

Last edited by ed good; 11/13/21 07:35 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

i like ejectors..they are cool...but they are an annoying distraction on the target range...high volume scores are about focus and concentration...one does not need to have to deal with flying empties...when working on breaking 25 straight...

Written by a non-shooter. No empties 'fly'. They are popped into the palm of the grip hand, and removed from the barrel when about halfway out. They are then deposited autonomically in your shooting vest back pocket. There is no more conscious thought doing this than simply breathing.

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
wonder what clays shooters have to say...

You don't listen when you hear it...........

Ignorance is a choice...

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

jones...i began shooting a 410 shotgun in the mid fifties...most likely before you were born...

hunted birds for about 50 years, mostly with 16 gauge guns of various designs...

these days, i shoot mostly skeet...trap is boring...no sporting clays facilities near me...

i find ejectors to be an unnecessary distraction...and if you dont, well thats ok with me and good for you...

and by the way, have you ever broke 25 straight? i never have and probably never will...but as long as that windmill is there, i will tilt it...

Last edited by ed good; 11/12/21 11:17 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

have you ever broke 25 straight?

It's been over a week.. we closed the club down for deer season last Thursday...

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Any grown-asp man that has the hand-eye-coordination to shoot a flying disk with a gun can surely cup his hand over ejectors and catch the empty hulls. What am I missing?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.