Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, went out for a short time after work today. Weather was PERFECT! Except, darn few birds. Did get up some hens, but only one rooster. Guess it wasn't in the cards for me today. Addie did very well, she's turning out to be a very good bird dog. I couldn't be happier with her!

I used my 12b F.A. Anderson. This is gun 1 of 11 made, nice handling gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And......................Addie!

Deer Gun Opener this coming weekend, fingers crossed!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
1 member likes this: Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,

I will show them the picture when I am next in their shop at East Grinstead.

I know they will be pleased,

Parabola

Last edited by Parabola; 11/04/21 06:57 AM. Reason: Typo
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Parabola
Greg,

I will show them the picture when I am next in their shop at East Grinstead.

I know they will be pleased,

Parabola

Please do!!!! I sure would like to hear what they say. I really like this gun, one of my favorites.

Thanks so much!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

A hen that I thought I missed but Gus knew better.

The biggest one of these I've ever seen.

No grouse here.

The best country.

Last edited by BrentD; 11/08/21 03:43 PM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

4 members like this: Tim Cartmell, liverwort, Parabola, SKB
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, a bit off topic, but why not. Friday was our Deer Gun Opener at noon. My son Jim and I went up to where we've been hunting for deer the last several years. Did not disappoint. We hit a small slough bottom and jumped two out of it. I shot mine at 1:30 and Jim shot his, but only nicked her. He shot again but missed. Come to find out this stock separated from part of the action, so it shot well off of his point of aim. We went after her with Jim using my rifle and he managed to get her with one shot when we jumped her again. So, Jim was done at 2:30.

My daughter Liz came up that night with her boyfriend Travis. She had plenty of opportunities on Saturday and today, but didn't connect with any. This was the only weekend she can hunt, so she didn't fill her tag, poor kid.

Weather was really nice, too nice in the 50's and lower 60's, low winds, sure was nice to be out with my son and daughter and of course her boyfriend.

I used my Savage Model 11 Lightweight Hunter in 7mm-08 topped with a 1.75x5 Redfield Wideveiw scope. My deer was not the biggest, nothing special, but okay

Jim's deer was bigger. You can see where he hit her with his rifle (before using mine) on the Does belly.

Travis and my daughter Liz

Best,

Greg

Last edited by gjw; 11/07/21 11:34 PM.

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
2 members like this: Parabola, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

My niece and her first deer this past weekend.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

3 members like this: liverwort, Parabola, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

16 g Parker DH (c1894) with 28" D3 damascus tubes.

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
2 members like this: liverwort, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Steve Nash
Two days ago, where the arctic watershed starts in Ontario, near Gogama. Got my limit!

Hi Steve---greetings from Calgary. Gogama is about an hour north of my home town, Sudbury. Many years ago, in my teen years I hunted ruffies in the Sudbury area and enjoyed some excellent hunts. Even back then, ruffies weren't everywhere and you had to work hard to get a decent bag.

1 member likes this: Steve Nash
Sidelock
Sidelock

Second buck with the double this season. I was practicing for Africa so I took a heart shot. I almost never shoot for the heart because our woods are so think and the fall foliage makes working a blood trail very tough. Luckily, he only ran about 20 yards but still fell in the thick stuff so I had to do a little bit of a tracking job.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

1 member likes this: Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad to see the double is still doing its job well, and that you found him without too much difficulty.

I once spent a long time looking for a roe doe that went all of 1 yard.

What I did not realise was that she had pitched nose first into the hole where a tree root had been partly grubbed out, and the grass had closed back over her backside which we eventually noticed pointing back up at us.

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.