March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (LeFusil, playing hooky, Ian Forrester, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I own two FAIR doubleguns ...........one a O/U, the FAIR Verona, and the other a FAIR Iside S X S .410 special order. I love them both.

Thousands of rounds through the O/U, probably 500-600 through the Iside, so far. Would purchase both again.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

F.A.I.R. first came into the US through New England Arms bit more than 20 years ago. I own a NEA 500 in 16 ga. They are CNC made with tolerances close enough that you can order a second bbl. and in most cases it does not need fitted to the gun. I have 28" and 30" bbls. for mine.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

The 30" I use for clays on occasion I used to shoot it a lot at one time. Hard to tell exactly how many rounds through it somewhere between 15K-20K. Never had any problems with it. The 28" I use for ruff grouse.

Their next venture was with BC Outdoors and the Verona models. Bought my son his first 12 ga. a Verona 5xx O\U don't recall the exact model number ~15 years ago. Never had any issues with it either.

Also own a F.A.I.R. Iside in 16 ga. Just the basic model but I shoot it extremely well and it is my favorite grouse gun.

Good chance my next gun will be a custom order F.A.I.R. much like Vol423, a 28 410 combo. Except it will be Gardena wood (Beavertail & Pistol) with 30" bbls. for clays. And a single trigger with extractors. And upgraded wood.

There are 6 of us that shoot together as often as we can, scattered over a fairly large area. But usually squad together when at least 5 of get together. Out of the 6 of us 5 own F.A.I.R. Isides and some multiple FAIR Isides in different gauges. The 5 of us all have at least one Iside 16 ga. and one gentleman just placed a custom order for his second 16 Iside. They are a great gun IMO.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ChristopherB
Interesting. Quality and price wise.. how do they stack up with other italian makers such as sabatti?

Having no experience with Sabatti I would only note that the same parent group, IFG, represents both FAIR, Sabatti and Pedersoli. I feel like they compare very favorably with Beretta in reliability, fit and finish. IMO the FAIR Verona O/Us are a huge value in the market. I feel like I stole mine, at $1400. It is a 692 LX Gold E Combo, with both 28 and .410 barrel sets and forends, 30" barrels.

Mine came with a target buttstock, sorta like the Gardena buttstock that Cold Iron mentioned, but it shot too high for me. I found a replacement buttstock in field configuration for $50, repaired a crack, and fitted it to my gun myself. Now it shoots dead on for me.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I own a FAIR 702 jubilee o/u in 28 gauge, side plate box lock with gold wire trim. English stock, and 28 barrels. My go to gun for many yeas in Alaska. Have taken more snow shoe hairs, grouse and ptarmigan than I can remember. Never an issue and I am sure over a 1500 rounds or more through her.
I mostly use it now for crow hunting and dove hunting. For the money, it’s well worth the value.

Rich

Sidelock
Sidelock

When Jim Austin at New England Arms initially imported the FAIRs, only OU's were available. The standard configuration was round knob/SST/vent rib. However, straight grip/DT/solid rib were available as options.

When NEA went out of business, Cabela's acquired the FAIR OU's and sold them at very attractive prices. Nice guns. The consensus seems to be that the B. Rizzinis are maybe a notch higher in quality. I'm sure others here who've owned both could comment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I have a 16 gauge I. Rizzini Iside. I've shot the heck out of it at targets and birds for 3 years without a problem. I've had more expensive doubles, but none have ever shot better. Shoot it so well I had Mark Larson give it a makeover. Just returned from South Dakota yesterday. I plan on adding another 30" 16 gauge, one with a single-trigger and ejectors, and a 30" 28 gauge (double trigger w/ejectors). These hit my performance/price sweet spot for hunting guns.

I also have a B. Rizzini 16 gauge OU target gun. It has a nicer fit and finish, but doesn't perform any better where the rubber hits the road.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure others here who've owned both could comment.

I have two B Rizzini O/Us and three FAIR O/Us, and I don't see any appreciable difference between them. BR has the reputation and higher prices, but there is nothing wrong with the FAIRs in a direct comparison at the owner/user level.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's good first-hand information, Replacement. Thanks for offering that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a thread from a few years ago:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=529490&page=1

I wouldn't think that all of them have this issue with barrel regulation, but you won't know until you shoot it. Good luck getting a good one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by coosa
Here's a thread from a few years ago:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=529490&page=1

I wouldn't think that all of them have this issue with barrel regulation, but you won't know until you shoot it. Good luck getting a good one.

Our group has 6 Isides and they are all regulated just fine. I guess we all got lucky.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.