April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, gasgunner, David Williamson, KDGJ), 409 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,148
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DaveB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ted, those are two beautiful Darne guns! I always have admired them. Just wish they weren’t so pricey.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Three beautiful Darne guns, but, who’s counting?

How ‘bout one more?

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Another French term for Gene. Gravure fond crux, composition becasse.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

À gauche, une bascule avec entaillage (celui-ci peut être simple ou double).
À droite, une bascule sans entaillage.

Left - an action with "entaillage") (this one could have single or double)
Right - an action without "entaillage."

Come-on guys...what is Fab talking about...there are no arrows or illustrations to point to the detail. So, is "entaillage" the molded back portion of the A&D action? Is it the stock inletting. What's the difference between "simple" or "double"? One of you all should be able to identify this.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/05/21 10:11 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gene,
The French word “entaillage” has several different meanings, but, in this case it refers to the notching on the back of the action, that meets the wood on the gun on the left. The boxlock on the right is straight up and down in this area, and less of a challenge to fit the wood to the back of the action. It will be cheaper, typically. Other than that detail, both actions are remarkably similar. More decoration on the gun on the left, but, the nuts and bolts operation is pretty much identical.

French gun making terms are a language of their own, and truly fluent French speakers/writers can become hopelessly lost in them.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah...and....ahhhhhh. Thanks Ted... By Gosh.....multiple terms for machining/filing and inletting on an A&D action. And we thought all those Eskimo terms for "snow" were superfluous. I'm trying to come up with an English translation that would fit for the vocabulary. I'll figure it out.

And thanks for the invite to your next outdoor BBQ (I know you actually meant to forward it but forgot to write it down)...I'll be up in January after I get back from Africa. by the way should I bring a jacket along? Does it get chilly in the evening there? smile

Gene Williams

Last edited by Argo44; 11/05/21 11:24 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
DaveB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Three beautiful Darne guns, but, who’s counting?

How ‘bout one more?

Another French term for Gene. Gravure fond crux, composition becasse.

Best,
Ted

Another beautiful one!

“ Gravure fond crux, composition becasse.” Woodcock engraving?

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Argo44
And thanks for the invite to your next outdoor BBQ (I know you actually meant to forward it but forgot to write it down)...I'll be up in January after I get back from Africa. by the way should I bring a jacket along? Does it get chilly in the evening there? smile

Gene Williams

Several years past-that Setter is a huge pain in the ass to be around if she hasn’t had several miles of off lease exercise at an open spaces park.

Did I mention it was -47? That is ice on both of our faces. Balmy, as wind isn’t an issue at that temp.

Thursday evening, venison burgers on the grill.

My wife and son are reluctant venison eaters, or, they were until I stumbled on this mix-2 parts venison, 1 part ground turkey, 1 part chorizo, seasoned with generic Montreal steak seasoning. Everything gets gobbled up, now. My neighbor came down and helped me eat two venison backstrap steaks, I swear they were over the coals about 45 seconds each side, seasoned exactly the same, to die for.

Best,
Ted

_________________________________________________________________________________
Red can cuzzie, check, red grille brush, check, I know Lonny loves that color. Detroit still sucks.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.