March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner, canvasback), 880 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Jtplumb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Is that at intentional mark or just a ding (damage)?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Jtplumb; 10/05/21 05:04 PM.
Jtplumb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Who might O.H be?

Last edited by Jtplumb; 10/05/21 05:13 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just a ding.

Otto Horbel

Karl Otto Hommel

Otto Hollandt

Oskar Hofman

Oskar Hickfang

Actually, I have no idea as we really don't have a schafter's list just yet.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Jtplumb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok this little 16ga A and D, has :
30 inch Krupp fluss Essen barrels
horn grip cap, trigger guard and but plate (basket weave).
Ejectors
Sling attachments
Automatic safety ( safety same shape used on my lindner)
Greener cross bolt
Side clips
Frame bolsters
Game scene, scroll and floral engraving.

There is no place on rib left open for a signature.
It seems to me somebody just ordered a gun with most all of the options and didn’t want a bunch of visible names on it.
If I had ordered it I would have just added a intercepting sear but guess beggars can’t be choosers.

Reminds me of the list of options I went through building a custom Italian Boxlock recently the total came to around 5500.00
And had no intercepting sear or engraving option available.

Happy to have chosen this old girl instead. I believe total will be less than 2100.00 and she will smoke the newer model. grin

Last edited by Jtplumb; 10/10/21 12:44 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too, nothing against the Italian ware, but there's much more soul in the Germanic smoke pole, poured in by its talented pool of mechanics.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Jtplumb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok back to sears. I found a excellent image from Kuduae on kerners over sear(not secondary) after
Raimey put put me on the straight and narrow. Anyone have an equally simple example of the dual sear arrangement?
Even a simpleton like myself can understand this one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe one can see it here on the patent application:

[Linked Image from patentimages.storage.googleapis.com]

[Linked Image from patentimages.storage.googleapis.com]

William Anson's U.S. of A. #305264 patent of 1884 for a top/overhanging safety scear.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Below is just a recap of how the APUNs were doled out for the Anson & Deeley Body Action whilst under the protection period:

>>Apparently I misread as it was William Anson that fell out of love with Westley Richards. John Deeley stayed on and had some 30 additional patents. Also Robert Edward Couchman was a/the director of Westley Richards and was the one who brought the A&D patent infringement suit against W.W. Greener, which Greener won. So Robert Edward Couchman would have been the one who was accepting the royalty payments and then policing to some extent. It appears that about 1890 that a Leslie B. Taylor became the director and would have had the same responsibilities. It was Deeley & Taylor that patented the Westley Richard's droplock in 1897. I think Westley Richards acquired the rights in 1883 when patent 1883/83 was filed by William Anson (& John Deeley???) on advancements to the 1875 A&D patent. Ken can give a correct date, but I would guess that this was also the time of the 1st H.A. Lindner Daly examples based on the A&D patent.<<

>>Ok, you hardcore Anson & Deeley Brevete stamp fans, much like Mr. Hallquist notes for H&R the same applied to Joseph Brazier, who was an erstwhile tube maker a few years prior to striking a deal with Westley Richards. So in 1876 Joseph Brazier signed up for the quaterly payment schedule thru Robert Edward Couchman for A&E patent 1756 of 1875 (and the Anson forend patent 4513 of 1876??) for a total of 30 shillings per action, which was to be submitted to Westley Richards for the stamp to be applied. So if Westley Richards was applying the stamps in Britian, I would now say that H.A. Lindner, or Charles Daly, was having the frames stamped at a Westley Richards satellite station or approved frame stamping location(Westley Richards & Auguste Francotte were real chummy). Possibly in Liege, I can't say for now but it gives a direction to search. H.A. Lindner would have sourced the frame forgings locally and either he or his subcontractor performed the filling and action work then had the "Anson & Deeley Brevete" stamp applied.

It appears that Westley Richards and director Robert Edward Couchman may have been fully involved much earlier than previously surmised, being as early as 1876?<<

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...;Words=305264&Search=true#Post235497

Jtplumb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for sharing those diagrams, I get it now.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have two greener a&d made by j brazier 1879 and 1886 so did greener ever make an a&d...also I think the sear that is pinned on the top has a better triggerpull then the standard Anson style

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.