March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Karl Graebner, Perry M. Kissam, Jason Dubois, GeorgeGibbs505, Licensed to kill, 1 invisible), 881 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,019
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, only had time for a very short hunt today. We're having our Church Dinner/Fair tomorrow, so have to help set up today. Thought I'd post this first however. Another hot dry day and little wind (unusual for here!) I got 1, but also lost one. Legs down, sailed off and dropped about a 1/4 mile away (they sure can glide). Neither I or Addie could find him, what a shame.

Anyway, here's Addie in the field. She did very well today. Point a big group that wouldn't hold, got up wild, got a Lonesome Charlie out of the bunch.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Used my 16ga Garbi 100 today

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, yesterday was our Pheasant opener, but we got about 2" of rain. It rained all day and most of the night. Went out late this afternoon, it was windy, saw birds, but they were a bit spooky. Addie would pin them, but they wouldn't hold. Did manage one, better than nothing. My son Jim and I will see what tomorrow brings.

Addie and the "catch of the day"

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm starting to love this gun.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

2 members like this: liverwort, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would too

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, Number 2 son (Jim) and I went out today for some Ringneck hunting. It wasn't the best. We saw birds and like yesterday, they were spooky. Even Addie had a hard time pinning them down. She'd go on a real hard point and up the bird went! Or they just got wild. We did manage to get one each (the ones that held). It was a good day to be out with my boy, that you can't match.

Jim, Addie and the birds. Jim used his Victor Sarasqueta 3EC 12ga

I used my 12b James Purdey

Keep all those great pics coming BTW!!!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
1 member likes this: campero
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great pics as always, Greg. I've watched your boys, and beautiful daughter, grow up over the years through the pics you've posted here, of them. They are fine looking young folks.

Aren't y'all about due for a frost, up there? Mercy, that grass still looks green!

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow he has a beard now. It has been so nice seeing your posts over the years. I greatly appreciate it. It is definitely motivation!

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for all the very kind words!!! I sure do appreciate all the thoughts on my kids. I a one proud papa!

As to the frost, who knows. It's been an odd year for weather, hot, then cold, dry then rainy (at times). Only time will tell.

Thanks again so much!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, went out solo today, was able to get my first (and hope not last) limit of Roosters. A bit cold and windy, but worth it!

Addie did very well again, she's a joy to hunt with.

Short video of Addie in the weeds (camera operator was a bit off!)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3QjJHj4.mp4[/img]

Used my 12b J. Harkom today

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, if envy is really one of the Seven Deadly Sins, then I am going to hell from being envious of all those ringnecks you shot. I doubt if there are that many native pheasants remaining in my entire county.

The bird on the right in the photo from a few days ago, shot by your son Jim, looks especially large bodied. It looks almost the size of the hen turkey that bounced off of the windshield of my truck last weekend.

And belated congratulations to your daughter Patty for taking her first bird. I'm sure that was a proud moment you will never forget.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.