March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Southern Sport, Borderbill, damascus, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Cable. Welcome to the "A N Other club" it is a lifetimes free membership. You are not the only member the rest of the worlds population is with you. I did suffer badly from the "I WANT" syndrome though after close to a life time of "I want" I did manage to obtain the things that did matter a lot, I was lucky I purchased the gun I wanted in my twenties so that "I Want" was solved early on in my life though there are other things on my list.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
Sidelock
Sidelock

eSo, Bill "Eight-bore" Murphy is getting into the gun auction mileu?? Well, he is certainly qualified.. But i always thought it was Morphy. TWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=ellenbr]I do wonder if a Game Warden would issue a citation if one were to engage either on a Dove Shoot?

International migratory regulations between the US and Canada specify only 3 rounds in a shotgun excepting some states for spring snow geese.

If you were to only load 3 of the barrels at any one time you would be within the law. The 4th barrel would be purposeless.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ellenbr
I do wonder if a Game Warden would issue a citation if one were to engage either on a Dove Shoot?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

They likely wouldn't even notice it had four barrels. I was shooting my 687 SPII Sporting 20 on a dove shoot once and, when checked by a warden, was asked if I had my gun plugged. I just said no. Then he looked embarrassed.

Which brings up the bigger question, is it illegal to have a gun on a dove shoot that will hold more than three shells at a time, or is it illegal to have more than three in it? Not the same thing.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

'Capacity' gents. This is why there are 'duck plugs'.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Shotgunjones
'Capacity' gents. This is why there are 'duck plugs'.

I thought that to be the case but what sense does that regulation make? You have a 15 bird limit on doves already. What does it matter how many shells are in your gun at any time? IMO, unplugged guns would only encourage poorer shooting than is already done by the majority of semi-automatic shooters. The result would be more wasted shells, not more doves killed.

I only shoot two barreled guns when hunting, so it doesn't matter to me anyway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

At one time, it was about turning the corner from a market hunting, or slob hunting mentality, to a sporting philosophy, and limiting the capacity of the gun to more closely match the limit.

Not sure, today. My buddy has hunted deer on public ground for the last two decades near Lutsen, MN, only to find this year they (DNR) have built a fabulous mountain bike course right under his stand. He was assured he could still hunt the spot, but is wondering exactly what is the point? Do they really believe deer will hang around a mountain bike trail?

I can’t think of two more mutually exclusive purposes for public ground.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
At one time, it was about turning the corner from a market hunting, or slob hunting mentality, to a sporting philosophy, and limiting the capacity of the gun to more closely match the limit.

Thanks Ted. Plainly put, thought control. Not that I favor market hunting being legalized, but big brother is always out to change the way of thinking of the masses to more align with their own.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Thanks Ted. Plainly put, thought control. Not that I favor market hunting being legalized, but big brother is always out to change the way of thinking of the masses to more align with their own.

Well, Stan, just collect a few more checks from ‘The Man’ and kick that revolution off.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein

Stan, I think it was actually an alliance of sportsman and conservation minded government that realized the way things were going, there would be more case studies similar to the Passenger Pigeon and the American Buffalo. Things were going the wrong way at the time. Not sure magazine plugs solved anything. Just what they came up with.

Originally Posted by lonesome roads

Well, Stan, just collect a few more checks from ‘The Man’ and kick that revolution off.

Being ugly, even real ugly, beats being you, hands down.

Best,
Ted

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.