March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Roundsworth, 12boreman, WBLDon, Travis S), 634 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

USIMLT got their rifles into England to shoot at Bisley with no problem in 2019. About the same as British bringing their guns here.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well this chap is in the business of walked up birds over pointers in the UK and he says you can bring your gun, just like the last time went.

What does he know anyway? Better to trust an expert eh Ted?

https://www.rjhsports.co.uk/enquiries/

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I find it hard to recognise the description of fieldsports here in Britain from the above negative posts and can only assume that it is a reflection of experiences gathered from commercial shoots where you get what you pay for and probably pay dearly for the experience that is commercial driven shooting.
Thankfully our sport is freely available to residents through syndicates for a yearly cost less than one days driven shooting. Deer stalking
is not hard to come by at little if any cost and wildfowling is available through the right to shoot in Scotland in the area covered by the high and low tides. Our seasons are long, we have geese ducks and other wildfowl in great numbers and syndicate shooting for game is easily obtainable with little effort or cash.

I can’t see how shotgunlover failed to have his shotgun certificate renewed when there is no need to have access to private land or game shooting to qualify. Clay pigeon shooting is good reason as is wildfowling over the previously mentioned tidal areas which are public lands. His tale of being swindled by a police sergeant with a folded cheque seems to me to reflect more prejudice than anything else and begs the question why did he not return with the cheque to rectify the matter. Britain isn’t a police state and officers are accountable for their actions.

Quite a bit of this thread seems to indicate that there is little real knowledge on this forum of fieldsports in Britain. I have shot here over fifty years and have enjoyed predominantly rough shooting ,coastal and inland wildfowling ,deer stalking and driven shooting ,none of my personal experience is reflected in the views expressed by many contributors to this thread. I can only assume that they have little personal experience of something that they seem to hold very strong opinions on. Perhaps accessing articles in the British Shooting Times or Sporting Gun magazines would provide a valuable insight into British fieldsports that seems to be lacking in some of the contributors here.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 10/03/21 02:22 PM. Reason: Addition
1 member likes this: SKB
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Konor3inch
I find it hard to recognise the description of fieldsports here in Britain from the above negative posts and can only assume that it is a reflection of experiences gathered from commercial shoots where you get what you pay for and probably pay dearly for the experience that is commercial driven shooting.
Thankfully our sport is freely available to residents through syndicates for a yearly cost less than one days driven shooting. Deer stalking
is not hard to come by at little if any cost and wildfowling is available through the right to shoot in Scotland in the area covered by the high and low tides. Our seasons are long, we have geese ducks and other wildfowl in great numbers and syndicate shooting for game is easily obtainable with little effort or cash.

I can’t see how shotgunlover failed to have his shotgun certificate renewed when there is no need to have access to private land or game shooting to qualify. Clay pigeon shooting is good reason as is wildfowling over the previously mentioned tidal areas which are public lands. His tale of being swindled by a police sergeant with a folded cheque seems to me to reflect more prejudice than anything else and begs the question why did he not return with the cheque to rectify the matter. Britain isn’t a police state and officers are accountable for their actions.

Quite a bit of this thread seems to indicate that there is little real knowledge on this forum of fieldsports in Britain. I have shot here over fifty years and have enjoyed predominantly rough shooting ,coastal and inland wildfowling ,deer stalking and driven shooting ,none of my personal experience is reflected in the views expressed by many contributors to this thread. I can only assume that they have little personal experience of something that they seem to hold very strong opinions on. Perhaps accessing articles in the British Shooting Times or Sporting Gun magazines would provide a valuable insight into British fieldsports that seems to be lacking in some of the contributors here.

Stated perfectly.......

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thankfully our sport is freely available to residents through syndicates for a yearly cost less than one days driven shoot

I can’t see how shotgunlover failed to have his shotgun certificate renewed

I'd rather hunt in the US, at least for now until the progressives make it illegal.

What's a syndicate? Yearly cost , as in hunting license? Shotgun certificate?

I'll buy my license for whichever state I choose to hunt in.
Drive my truck to said state, park at public land ,step out and hunt.

It doesn't sound near that free in England.

Wait,what was the topic ,again?

Last edited by ksauers1; 10/03/21 02:39 PM.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, we are blessed with public lands here to hunt. Remember that next time someone tells you the Feds need to get out of land ownership.

Things are different other places, times change, the world has more regulation than it did in the past. All shocking revelations....

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=ksauers1]Thankfully our sport is freely available to residents through syndicates for a yearly cost less than one days driven shoot

I can’t see how shotgunlover failed to have his shotgun certificate renewed

I'd rather hunt in the US, at least for now until the progressives make it illegal.

What's a syndicate? Yearly cost , as in hunting license? Shotgun certificate?

I'll buy my license for whichever state I choose to hunt in.
Drive my truck to said state, park at public land ,step out and hunt.

It doesn't sound near that free in England.

I’m not disputing the fact that many ,or all,Americans would prefer to hunt in the U.S and I am not comparing the two.My post addresses the fact that previous posts reflected little knowledge or understanding of sport in Britain as it is today.
The information is freely available on the internet regarding sport in Britain, syndicates etc and rather than argue over which is better or cheaper or more freely available for equal quality of sport I would refer you to google so that you can make your own mind up.
My experience has been that more unites than divides fieldsportsmen but I find sweeping ill founded statements normally with a political bias alien to the common bond we share.
Should you be genuinely interested in any specific aspect of sport in Scotland then feel free to personal message me for an honest answer.
“What was the topic again ?” I was replying to discussion which arose from the first post regarding the view expressed that not only British guns were better but also wing shooting ,so not off topic.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 10/03/21 03:18 PM. Reason: Addition
Sidelock
Sidelock

"I can’t see how shotgunlover failed to have his shotgun certificate renewed when there is no need to have access to private land or game shooting to qualify. Clay pigeon shooting is good reason as is wildfowling over the previously mentioned tidal areas which are public lands. His tale of being swindled by a police sergeant with a folded cheque seems to me to reflect more prejudice than anything else and begs the question why did he not return with the cheque to rectify the matter."

I qualified in law at the University of London. This all happened in my final year at law school. And as the school of American Legal Realism teaches us, in law there is more than what is written in the statute book

The chief of Hornsey Police station in London said he would not renew my shotgun certificate. I could have appealed the decision in the County court, at an estimted cost of two thousand pounds back then. A Scottish sergeant volunteered to buy my guns. He had a valid shotgun license. I asked to take them to Whaley"s gunshop to sell them there. Another police sergeant, a red haired guy from the Midlands judging by his accent said "can't let people like you carrying shotguns about the area mate. And beside you got a funny face. If you move them out of the house I'll arrest you". I had asked Whaley's to send someone to pick up the guns from the house since their dealer's license would cover the transportation, and Mrs Whaley told me they were unwilling to antagonise the police.

So the Scottish sergeant's offer seemed the only way out of the impasse.

Yes, you can fight such abuses, assuming you have the time and money. And the stomach for what will follow. Yes I did go looking for the Scottish sergeant who bought my guns regarding the check, and was told that he had nothing to say to me and our business together was done. I will not repeat the red haired sergeant's comments who was present at this meeting.

You see any prejudice in any of the above let me know. If anyone wants the sergeant's name PM me.

Coincidentally, Diggory Hadoake lived in the Hornsey area and he most probably knows Whaley's gunshop and the surroundings.

Sidelock
Sidelock

KSauer, in a nutshell, a shotgun certificate is a license to possess shotguns with barrels over 24 inches. Rifled firearms, short barreled shotguns and airguns producing over 12 ft lbs go on a firearms certificate.

Last edited by Shotgunlover; 10/03/21 07:20 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Back to original topic. I wonder if the video presenter in his sweeping statement re British guns includes the ones made by Perrugini Visini for Purdey, and other similar agreements between British makers and others.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.