March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 222 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, had just a short time to hunt today, my partner (daughter Patty) had to be home early.

Saw grouse, but for some odd reason they sure were spooky, Raina would get wind of them, and up they went out of range. Odd behavior, as the area we hunted hasn't been hunted so far this season. Oh well, that's hunting!

Raina did manage to pin some huns down and I managed one out of that covey.

Patty and Raina. Patty was using a 20ga Yildiz

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I used my 16b Charles Hellis today

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
2 members like this: Parabola, LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

Claycrusher,
Very well done picture, certainly suitable for publication!
Karl

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Went out after Church today (we had early Mass) just hunted one area. Saw lot's of birds....but, they sure were spooky again! They kept getting up just out of range. Did shoot one more (feathers flew and both legs dropped), but he sailed over a ridge. Looked and looked, just couldn't find him! The other two were singles that were in range. Addie did well but started to get over heated (temp is at 82), so I figured I'd quit for the day. I shot three so I was happy and didn't want to be a game hog anyway.

I used my 16ga Ugartechea 1030

Addie, one hot and tired pup!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, went out after work for a quick hunt.  Old lady luck smiled on me.  I was able to limit in 45 minutes.  Raina did well, the weather was perfect!  Couldn't ask for more!

I used my 16b Charles Hellis today

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
2 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Parabola
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, well my daughter Patty and I went out today. It was a very good day! Patty got her first bird! One proud papa here. She got it with 1 shot and it went down hard. I also got one. We both got ours after a bunch got up wild, no shots on them. But as always with Sharpies, there were a couple of lonesome Charlies. Addie went with today, she did very well, good solid points and nice retrieves to hand. She's going to be another Old Girl (Duchess was one of best dogs I've ever owned). At 2 1/2 years she is really doing well. Very happy with her. My other GSP Raina is going on the sidelines for awhile. She's got a pretty good gash under her leg. So until she heals up...Addie will have to take the lead. Anyway, a very good day!

Patty and her first bird. She was using a Yildiz 20ga

I used the old meat gun today, my 16b Boswell

Best

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
3 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Parabola, LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congrats on your daughters first bird! A sharptail no less. Hard to beat as far as first upland birds go. Well done!

1 member likes this: Parabola
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
Congrats on your daughters first bird! A sharptail no less. Hard to beat as far as first upland birds go. Well done!

Thanks so much Dustin! I know we've had our differences in the past....I apologize for some of the things I've said. I trust that we can start a new.

Thanks again for the vest kind words!!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
1 member likes this: Parabola
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, number 2 son (Jim) and I went out after Church for a short hunt prior to Sunday afternoon company coming over. Jim got 1 and I managed 2. My 2 were both passing shots from birds that flew over. Kind of fun!

Anyway, I used my 16ga Arrieta 871

Jim used his 20ga AyA

And.........Addie!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great thread gjw keep hunting and posting while The rest of us wait for our seasons to open. We are jealous back east. And a special congratulations to your daughter.

Owen
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Owenjj3
Great thread gjw keep hunting and posting while The rest of us wait for our seasons to open. We are jealous back east. And a special congratulations to your daughter.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'll pass on your congratulations to Patty

Best

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.