March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (NZHunter, SKB), 296 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Lloyd3 #602804 09/13/21 05:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

solt one about ah month ago...aint herd nuttin bad so far...

awh contrare...lots of praise an ack co la days...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Lloyd3 #602842 09/14/21 09:59 AM
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I almost bought the 28 gauge with 30" barrels at the Cabela's in Hamburg a few years ago. Damn thing was rather amazing for the dollars. However, I was quoted a price by the shop manager when I was looking at the gun and called back the next day and they told me that quote was wrong and that the gun was $200 higher. I passed on that managers name and they said it was still in error and I passed on the gun. It was however rather amazing for what it was. PS. Bought a Parker Repro 28 gauge instead. Different level of fit and finish although it didn't have the 30" barrels.

foxes rule
Brian #602843 09/14/21 10:07 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Brian
Beware of Dickinson guns. I will share a horror story of absolutely the worst customer service and shade tree mechanic gunsmithing repair done by Dickinson on one of their SxS's. waiting for photos. after seeing what happened to a friend/client of mine with his, no way would I buy one. and Ill name names and give full details of what they did and show the proof.
they were given plenty of opportunities and time to make it right after making it wrong. They didnt come through. they basically blew him off with more excuses.

Brian,
Not judging, just asking: when will you follow up with this fairly heavy indictment? I'm sure there's a significant interest here to know "the rest of the story". Thanks.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Beware of Dickinson guns. I will share a horror story of absolutely the worst customer service and shade tree mechanic gunsmithing repair done by Dickinson on one of their SxS's. waiting for photos. after seeing what happened to a friend/client of mine with his, no way would I buy one. and Ill name names and give full details of what they did and show the proof.
they were given plenty of opportunities and time to make it right after making it wrong. They didnt come through. they basically blew him off with more excuses.

Brian,
Not judging, just asking: when will you follow up with this fairly heavy indictment? I'm sure there's a significant interest here to know "the rest of the story". Thanks.
JR
...and will we get both sides of the story?

Wild Skies
Since 1951
2 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Wild Skies

Brian,
JR

Just a wild guess here but .............probably not, IMO.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Lloyd3 #602889 09/14/21 08:42 PM
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

While waiting on an answer I happened to find some 28 bore ammo up here in Nowhere, Minnesota. Some AA 7 1/2s and some Fiocchi 5s(!) which I couldnt find in Colorado before leaving and none along the way (Sheels in Fargo or Cabelas in Grand Forks). Waiting patently for Saturday now as well...

Last edited by Lloyd3; 09/14/21 08:53 PM.
Lloyd3 #602891 09/14/21 10:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dang Lloyd, why veer off topic with this?
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don’t know about the rest of his story, but when the trigger pulls on my dickinson got so heavy it wouldn’t fire, I sent it to the service department. Via the dealer.

They sent it back with a chunk knocked out of the barrels and a dent in the stock.
Like they clamped it in a vise with no protection.

And then had the temerity to tell me that I had to pay shipping both directions for clearly a manufacturing defect and the joy of their shoddy repair department.

I told them FO. We’re done.

Turns out there are a number of gunsmiths in the Midwest that after working on those guns for the last decade and a half, Have become quite competent at making them work properly.

Out there doing it best I can.
Lloyd3 #602903 09/15/21 09:44 AM
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Don't like the sound of that one. If memory serves, I used Pisco Gunsmithing in Coquille, Oregon which at the time was the designated service provider. God only know who they're using now.

Lloyd3 #602930 09/15/21 05:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Wild Skies

Brian,
JR

Just a wild guess here but .............probably not, IMO.

Brian has always been a straight shooter with us here... unlike several notable regulars and ex-regulars. If he says he direct knowledge and evidence of a very bad experience with Dickenson customer service, I am inclined to believe him.

I also totally understand getting busy with other matters, and not being able to respond or follow-up on this forum as quickly as one might like. This is totally different than running away and ignoring repeated requests for proof of false or incorrect statements... another thing we have seen here from the notable regulars I mentioned earlier. I'd name names, but the recent moderation or censorship unfortunately probably won't permit it. But you know this as well as I do Stan, and you know how it has led to many "spirited" discussions that some sensitive types cannot tolerate. However Brian has never denied or ran away from a statement or direct unedited QUOTE of his own words.

BTW, the experience ClapperZapper relates with his gun seems to back up what Brian stated.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.