April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (CJF, David Williamson, Argo44, graybeardtmm3, 2 invisible), 455 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,209
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't see a thing wrong with the rib and rib extension engraving, beaded border included.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maby you should look at the cuts with you eyes open then look at the cuts on the top lever .now look at the cuts on the next scroll up the rib the rib cuts are Not the same as the top lever.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The engraving on the obviously non-original top rib is stylistically different than the engraving on the rest of the gun. It appears to be fairly well done, but it is apparent that it was done by a different hand. From what I have seen, it isn't easy for even a good engraver to duplicate the work of another engraver.

I won't knock it because it's a whole lot better than I could do. But it doesn't take ultra close examination with a jewelers loupe to see that the rib engraving is different and more extensive than the original stuff.

It doesn't matter much here, because with the sleeving, choke tubes, and other work, not many folks are going to be deceived into thinking this is an unrestored original. But it does serve to show that it takes close examination of all the little details to avoid getting burned when purchasing a higher grade collectible shotgun. And some counterfeiters are so good that even experts can be fooled.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

buying guns is like other life decisions...if it feels good and it feels right...do it...you can always make excuses why it was not a good idea...later...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

You would have to ask if it is safe for steel shot. Some Briley choke tubes are safe, some are not (safe costs extra). I just thought that a 7.5# gun with 3" chambers and no choke tube tighter than modified SHOULD have been made safe for hard shot.

As said above, it would make a nice club gun regardless.

Caution: Hunting and fishing stories told here. Protective footgear may be required.
mc #602631 09/10/21 10:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Maby you should look at the cuts with you eyes open then look at the cuts on the top lever .now look at the cuts on the next scroll up the rib the rib cuts are Not the same as the top lever.

Maybe my eyes were open but, being more of a shooter than a collector I wouldn't have noticed the subtle differences you noted. Now I can see it. But, back to being more of a shooter than a collector, my biggest concern would be whether or not the gun is regulated, after the sleeving job. There are no guarantees, it seems, and there are many more "messed with" guns out there that are not, than most people realize. All the right scroll cuts in the world won't keep a gun from being a piece of crap if it doesn't shoot both barrels where it should. If I were to buy it, it would have to be understood that if it was found not to be regulated it would be returned. And I seriously doubt they would agree to that.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The context ,.the rib isn't original so neither is the engraving

mc #602637 09/11/21 08:31 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Point is MC....it doesn't matter if anything is original....(.ps...Stan cant see anything except his own face in the mirro...ha ha...ha..you made him mad he brought out his 3rdgrade speller on you).

In my opinion the gun is priced pretty low and might could be bought at an even lower price.

Only question for me about the gun is If you were to take a clapped out Lefever and have it saved..
...literally brought back from the dead ...how many thousands of dollars do you think it would take to do it ?

And who gives a dam if it will shoot steel shot for Christ's sake....I feel like banging my head against a tree.

Sidelock
Sidelock

StanfOrd....what part of a 3 day inspection do not understand ?

Take me about 30 seconds to find out how she patterns and 5 or 10 minutes to wash her face if she doesn't....still leaves me plenty of time to box her back up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Exactly this gun is not represented as anything other than what it is....its not a bOb Cash up grade made from the gitgo created to decieve.

What does one expect for a few grande....I'd take this gun over any piece of crap Turkish turd.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.