March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (lagopus, Marc Ret, Argo44, 3 invisible), 290 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Interesting, but you said Dickinson makes SKBs. Can you support that?

The link you provided says this "The new line of SKB Shotguns are being produced, under a license agreement, by two factories in Turkey. The Akus and Akdas factories are considered to be two of Turkey’s best shotgun manufacturers, with a history of producing quality products for both the US and European markets".

How do you derive from the above that Dickinson makes them?

Akus makes both the SKB SxS and Dickinson USA shotguns. They are from the same factory and same design. No matter what SKB calls it still an Estate, Plantation or Prestige. They are all made the same and in the same factory. Variations in grades of wood exist but nothing beyond that. Dickinson USA can order anything you see on the SKB website.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Agreed. I said from the start that AKUS made them both. By your line of reasoning one could also say that SKB makes Dickinsons.

One last time. Will you please show why you said Dickinson makes SKBs, or recant it? What's so hard about this?

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Really Stan? OK in the morning why don't you call Dickinson and tell them you want a gun identical to a SKB XXYY. They will most likely send you to PSA, Fieldsport or Elk County, etc. and also give you a custom order form too. Their are a lot of custom options available. If you stick to the SKB model which is ordered in large batches you don't have to even fill out anything. It will mirror the SKB gun the only difference when you get it is that it will not have SKB stamped on the bbl. Dickinson is the US face\distributor for AKUS SxS guns.

Call SKB while you are at it and tell them you want to order one of their guns from them. Let me know how that goes they haven't had any ordered for a couple of years now. SKB is not the distributor for AKUS in the US. Just a batch importer. Like Cabelas was before the BP take over although those were stamped Dickinson. There was also the S&W Elite. And Webley and Scott. Dickinson can have any of those reproduced if you so desire. If you try to talk to AKUS directly they will send you to Dickinson. Try it.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

None of my discussion with you has dealt with who imports what, how to order, or how Dickinson and SKB are related in any way, other than your statement that SKBs are made by Dickinson, which they are not. But, you are too hardheaded to admit your are wrong about that, and keep muddying the water with who distributes what. Distribution isn't the topic. Who makes, and does not make, SKBs is.

post 602180

Originally Posted by Cold Iron
SKB SxS are made by Dickinson

post 602201

Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Dickinson is the US face\distributor for AKUS SxS guns.

I will accept the second post quoted as an admission of error in the first. It's as close as we're going to get, evidently.

I have had a Dickinson for several years, having ordered it through Cabela's' Sidney store, and dealt with Tom Bryant to do so. You can save all your suggestions for me calling this place and that.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cold iron you do know Stan is a junk shotgun X'spurt.

Ask him about his Yiltzis.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Agreed. I said from the start that AKUS made them both. By your line of reasoning one could also say that SKB makes Dickinsons.

One last time. Will you please show why you said Dickinson makes SKBs, or recant it? What's so hard about this?

Stan are you the judge and the jury now ?

Myself I think you have just about lOst it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Myself I think you have just about lOst it.

Internally conflicted. Can’t decide whether he wants to be Moses (let me lead you to the Promised Land)
or Mao Tse-Tung (Revolution! Revolution!)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, that escalated quickly.

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here you go, Stan…

Sidelock
Sidelock

Copycat

🙀

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.