March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (NCTarheel, Marc Ret, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,003
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Greg McReynolds
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein

Mr. Schefelbein,

If I have written something offensive, show me where. There is no need to be rude. Also, you linked to a blog that appears to be run by a madman who carries a teacup yorkie around in a picnic basket. What does that have to do with wildfire driven by climate change?

There is nothing “historic” about a drought. Nothing. They have happened throughout time. The “Madman” uses actual historic archives and government data sets to demonstrate the fraud perpetrated by current media. jOe is correct, this is just the latest spin on the subject by a corrupt media looking for a tool to regulate behavior.

Have you read somewhere that this is “the warmest July on record?”

You know that is a crock of dung, right?

Your entire premise is offensive.

Best,
Ted

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee Ted, going with the whole denial ain't just a river in Egypt thing eh?

The drought is real and historic. The media did not dry up the Colorado River, Lake Powell or Lake Mead. The forests did not burn like this in the past.

I'm not saying I think the current situation is all man made but it is happening.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Greg McReynolds
....If I have written something offensive, show me where. There is no need to be rude. Also, you linked to a blog that appears to be run by a madman who carries a teacup yorkie around in a picnic basket. What does that have to do with wildfire driven by climate change?
Don't underestimate that you asking people to accept your assumptions is extremely offensive. If you draw a line and go right to politics and demonizing, it might be thought that you did it intentionally?

Last summer, no doubt was a hazy one in the west, but it was a summer of full lakes and ponds and flowing rivers and streams off the mountains. Most, not all, of the smoke came from California, that I could see in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. Investigate for yourself if the policy change of political climatologists has basically ended the concept of controlled burns. This is one part of forrest management others have mentioned, and not just the harvest of materials for houses of excess that many might call home. This season, similar no doubt to me, it's dry, water is low, and there are fires everywhere. Overall, it is a bit better than a few weeks ago, temps are down some and a little rain has mixed in.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure where you were in Colorado Craig but last year we had 3 of the largest fires on record in our state and plenty of local smoke.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
....The drought is real and historic. The media did not dry up the Colorado River, Lake Powell or Lake Mead....
Too funny, you do known that your two "lake" are enormous, enviro wrecking man made reservoirs. Look at why they were made and where the water gets siphoned off to, California. Take, take, take by the one hand and lead the country down a path to misery on the other? We are running out of deep pockets.

2 members like this: DAM16SXS, Stanton Hillis
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hardly said I thought either Powell or Meade were good ideas, the fact they are going dry remains. I agree you cannot keep taking endlessly, that does not change the fact it is getting hotter and drier.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
I'm not sure where you were in Colorado Craig but last year we had 3 of the largest fires on record in our state and plenty of local smoke.
Up and down I25, visiting kids. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say there's a contrast between this summer and last. Last summer season long haze, this summer lots of visible smoke and yellow orangy blotted out sun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone here stop to think that maybe, just maybe, we have TedKazinski "wanna-bees" afoot in the West. Both CA and CO have a large wealthy population of Yuppies, the verysame folks old Teddy K sought to read out and touch- Boom-Boom, bye-bye yuppie> Easy enough to make a timed fuze in a pile of dry tinder and duff- a straight Camel cigarette and a pack of matches works like a charm- A nice breeze to fan the flames, and Bingo!! RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Repurpose Keystone XL and…

Sidelock
Sidelock

The south west had an above average rain fall for almost fifty year that ended about the year 2000. Problem is as things go averages are averages for a reason and the last 20 years have been at or below average. Then on top of that populations have exploded in the last fifty years so there is more demand for water than ever. High demand and lower rainfall than average has used up a lot of stored water from periods of plenty.

As to the fires our decision to put out all small fires before they become large fires, has created a lot of areas with so much material to burn that they quickly become these mega events. Perhaps along with sane logging a bit of controlled burns would help but some extreme groups scream bloody murder to either. So we are stuck with large areas at risk for years on end. But in the end you are not going to beat Mother Nature. Fires have been part of the system for millions of years. Modify your environment but you can not change it.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.