April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Ken Nelson, 67galaxie, ClapperZapper, Hal M Hare, 3 invisible), 945 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,106
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey- I wonder of Tom Roster could shed any light on your query-I have wondered about that myownself-with so much Chink made items flooding our American markets-- just visit any Wal-Mart and see-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

François:

I have been studying cartridges & cartridge components much as of late & I am pretty confident that most, if not all, steel shot is sourced from China. I beg someone to prove me incorrect.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Which movie, please, Stan. Being a rather large type fan of Jack and his many movie roles: The Shining, Easy Rider, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Witches of Eastwick, and my all-time favorite- "Terms of Endearment". Love the scene in the fancy restaurant with Shirley MacLaine-- "To kill the bug you have up your "Hershey Parkway"-- and that look that only Jack can seem to pull off- and having served in the USMC, Jack was "outstanding" as the full bird Col. in "A Few Good Men"--Yes, there is a "Code Red"- if you saw the movie "Full Metal Jacket" you saw fat-boy Pyle getting that after his jelly doughnut caper cost his fellow "Turds" doing extra PT on the D.I.'s orders-- But somehow, I can't connect the line you mentioned with any of those great movies- Help, please. Mae and I had thought about a trip down to FL. in Sept-and maybe a stop your way to say "Hello" but this Covid 19 has us concerned-and we have been vaccinated twice with the Pfizer stuff- Stay well, miss a dove for me when your season starts- RWTF

Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree- sounds "Artsy-Fartsy" to me.. RST has long been a favorite shell of mine- I got a great deal on a flat of mixed 12 gauge 2&3/4 steel shot loads- Mostly Kent a year ago. $60. for 12 full boxes- and I ration my shells, no "sky busting"--RWTF

LeFusil Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Looks like RST’s latest Facebook post confirms what I suspected when I started this thread. Sad. I hope they make it through this. Future does not seem all that bright though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do Share for those Non Facebook members.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Copied from a post by RST on FaceBook yesterday.

To our RST friends:
We are feeling the pain of the ammo shortage. Unfortunately, it has hit the shotgun world as well.
The shortage is driven by high demand, and to a lesser extent, hoarding and panic buying.
We have not been able to get powder or shot to load shells. So, we have taken this opportunity to sell individual shells from over runs or just shells that we discovered due to our warehouse organizing.
We are not taking any backorders due to the fact that it would be an administrative nightmare. You can click on "notify me" under the description of the load you are looking for and input your email address.
Thank you all for your patience and support. We will get through this.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve decided since steel and bismuth are in such short supply I ought to use lead shot this year. Do you think the game wardens will understand? Maybe my lead shot will identify as non toxic shot.

1 member likes this: 12boreman
Sidelock
Sidelock

SKB:

Thanks for the effort on that cross pollination.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
7 flats of hunting shells? Like in 1750 shells? I don’t know where you’re hunting, but for most, that’s a lifetime supply, maybe two lifetimes. :-) If a guy shot 100 upland game birds a year (not counting doves), well that 7 flats should last about 17 years. Maybe a Valley quail hunter who gets a 10 bird limit every trip or an Alaskan shooting Ptarmigan off the Dalton Hwy where the limit is 20 or 50 per day. You get the idea, I think you’re set for a good while.

If you’re an occasional waterfowler, bismuth makes sense, if you’re a hardcore waterfowler who puts months on the water & field…plus throw in being a broke & humble civil servant, you gotta shoot Steel. No other economical choice.

Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.

He's full of it....

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.