Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know two shell makers who are not in it for profit as much to share what they have learned making premium turkey and waterfowl loads. So they might be your boutique makers. Or Boss who makes Bismuth loads and they even make their own Bismuth in house. They are in it to make money but are a very specialized maker filling a real need for reasonably priced, effective non tox waterfowl loads. So instead of boutique makers we ought to divide them into small narrow market loaders and ultra small. The ultra small might not make it.

FallCreekFan pm your address. I’ll look at home for 16 wads you can’t find. I had a lot but recall sending two batches out to friends who were out. Might still have some on hand that I am not using and would be happy to send them to someone who can use them. I have other options. I might have DR16 left along with the AA16 clone and a few others. I’ll look.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have y'all noticed that Connecticut Shotgun / Galazan is peddling Activ Steel Shot?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Over at trapshooters.com they have posted Gamalail's price list for the Shell House at the Grand American shoot in August. A bit higher but not too bad!
just a few:
Win AA $90
Win super target $71
Challenger $69
Rem GC $75
Rem STS $97

Last edited by AZMike; 07/12/21 03:54 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very kind of you, Jon. PM sent.

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I'm reminded of a line by Jack Nicholson in a movie .................. "What if this is as good as it gets?"

But, to Dustin's question, I don't believe the smaller loading companies are facing the exact same situation individuals are. Old customers, including RST, who buy volume, will be looked after way before individuals will be. I see an example of this at my local sporting clays, skeet and trap range. They've been a regular, volume customer for many years. Their supplier has been able to keep them supplied with shells, for their customers to use to shoot at the range, throughout this fiasco. At the same time, none of the retailers have had any shells on their shelves.

If RST isn’t facing the same issues as individuals…..why aren’t they producing any product whatsoever? They can’t buy in volume if the volume just flat out isn’t there, they can’t sell a product and make money if they aren’t producing anything to sell, correct? Their absence from any shooting venues this spring/summer and their website not having anything available is very telling, to me anyways.

They may well be limited somewhat in what they are receiving in components, but I would not be a bit surprised to know that they're still loading some and selling them out the front door as fast as they can load them, without having to go attend any shoots, or list any for shipping on their website. A call would find out. I'm not really interested in RSTs wares at this time, so I won't bother to call and find out. My thoughts are just that, just because you don't see any on their website, or see them at shoots, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't "producing any product whatsoever". BICBW.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Stan has nailed the likely scenario. The jurisdiction I live in has had one of the most draconian sets of rules for Covid in NA. Most small businesses have been closed to foot traffic traffic. And yes, some have closed for good. But the majority have cut expenses to the bone and found a way to keep a little cash flow happening.

The government mandated closures have been brutal on small and medium businesses and manna sent from heaven for large multinationals. Something isn’t right.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, that >>Thunderbird Cartridge Company<< has escaped me till now.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad Im not addicted to shooting my guns.....with the prices today I would be eating into the families standard of living........feel fine just letting them rest in the safe until hunting season.....

gunut
1 member likes this: DAM16SXS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guns are like second wives or some kids, expensive to keep and even more expensive to get rid of. Anybody suffering from expensive guns can ship them to me and I’ll accept them free of charge. You can keep your kids and no amount of money would compel me to accept a used second wife;). Your mistakes you can keep.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.