March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Little Creek, PALUNC, Karl Graebner, 1 invisible), 316 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

UPS left a Blaser F3 at my gate while I was away on a holiday weekend. Was signature required, so the driver forged it. Had to have a friend go get it at 11:30 at night after I noticed what they had done.

For those putting trust in PVC tubes…I’ve had them break the end caps on one shipment, thankfully the contents were so firmly stuffed inside they didn’t slide out. I decided to test just how strong it was, it would survive a 10’ fall into cement.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Mineola, TX
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044
Sidelock
Sidelock

I once had a mailman that would call me from PO when i had a gun arriving. Bobby

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by gunmaker
For those putting trust in PVC tubes…I’ve had them break the end caps on one shipment, thankfully the contents were so firmly stuffed inside they didn’t slide out. I decided to test just how strong it was, it would survive a 10’ fall into cement.
Never underestimate the ingenuity or resourcefulness of a shipping concern's ability to break the shipped item. I can visualize off hours shipping employees chewing the fat experimenting: "Well, it survived a 10 foot drop. Try 11."
I am still baffled how this gun was broken while shipped in a plastic gun case. The seller was more disturbed than me as the buyer. The gun was unpacked by my LGS and the refund by the seller was prompt. If I had to guess, seller violated the rule of shipping a gun with the barrel assembled to the receiver giving leverage to the mysterious force applied. Gil

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Recently had a restocked Fox 20 gauge shipped to me Via Fed Ex. Was not notified it was being shipped so I was not looking for it. Got up to walk the dogs at 530 am and saw a package leaning against my garage door. Had been there overnight. Fed Ex never even attempted to knock on the front door as the pups would have alerted me.

foxes rule
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I believe it is the conveyor belts and associated shutes that cause most of the damage. While the round tubes have advantages, they tend to roll off of things. A recently received pvc tuve had the cap cracked in two. I now ship tubes inside square boxes and high value items go registered mail which is hand carried every step of the way. Additionaly USPS has a fragile item service which also is hand carried, I have used it and registered mail with great results though I did have board members package get put at the bopttom of a locked storage unit and it took weeks to get delivelered.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

i have stumbled onto an interesting discovery that might be of use to y'all....i recently sold a house and did the official change of address sequence with USPS....among the options that were presented was USPS Informed Delivery....which literally shows photos of each regular mail item (not junk mail) that you will receive that day, and includes a separate classification for packages. evidently you can receive this service on cell phones, but only for limited period of time....but, if i understand it correctly, the service is open ended when sent to your email account. i have had one or two glitches, but so far it seems to function pretty well..

uspsinformeddelivery@informeddelivery.usps.com

best regards,
tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

This USPS non-signature non-interaction happened about two or so months ago. After some anger abated I visited my U,S. post office here in south Florida and asked what is this gibberish on my (digitally viewed) signature receipt which I never even signed, and that my proof was my video camera which showed the driver simply dropped it in the street mailbox and took off? The usps management confirmed with me that’s the (local?) policy the driver doesn’t stop for signature confirmation instead stuffing it and signing scanning the receipt themselves with the COVID coding, I asked how on earth can you confirm delivery even with a driver’s signature? She said they have gps (doubtful but they might with the scanning device) to prove the driver stopped at the residence. Then I asked how do you know beyond trusting the driver they actually drop it off? What if they did but I simply claimed I never got it, do you pay out? She said, they would initiate an investigation but without proof otherwise of the delivery Yes they would pay out. Crazy.

Might have mentioned before but better than several years ago fedex-ups delivered a full auto Uzi on behalf of my dealer to the wrong address (sent to a co. for repair). After 3 weeks or so I call the co.to ask is the repair finished and they say they have no record of intake of the firearm. The co. owner took it on himself to track it down, found it across town, was at an honorable Vietnamese fellow’s house (!) who said he came home one day, saw a big box on his front porch that was misaddressed and simply put it away in his closet unopened figuring maybe someone would figure it out. More crazy.

Last edited by rrrgcy; 07/08/21 02:27 AM.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My worst shipping misadventure of something of value was a purchase of expensive ham radio gear. The items were shipped via UPS fully insured with expedited delivery. After a month of delivery hanging fire, insurance payment had been approved. Seller had double boxed the gear and the outer box's address info had been obliterated during shipment. The inner box was formerly used in a Lands End shipment. It somehow was delivered to Lands End which alerted UPS of the SNAFU and was able to come up with the seller's name and contact info from a bar code on the inner box and I eventually received the items. Gil

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.