March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Hammergun, Dave K, buckstix, Der Ami, 2 invisible), 398 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
PALUNC #597810 06/05/21 07:18 PM
Boxlock
Boxlock

Ranger Edge, HD 48(?) & 49(?) plus dark purple (all Rx).
With the Edge you get three lenses. They're perfecr for me; they cover my eyes and I don't see any edges. I believe the ear pieces are the same type as the Ranger Classic. They're a little less money than the classic plus you get 3 colors.
TexasShooters.com
DB

PALUNC #597946 06/08/21 03:59 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Those look pretty good...

PALUNC #597963 06/08/21 10:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

At any big clays shoot the major glasses vendors will be present, allowing anyone the opportunity to try them on and look for distortion or other imperfections in the lenses before laying down the bucks for them. I would highly recommend this. Much easier than trying to convince a seller that you don't like what you ordered and want to return them and be reimbursed. Don't assume there can't be distortion just because it is a major name brand. The Rangers I mentioned earlier were awful.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
PALUNC #597971 06/09/21 08:18 AM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Thanks Stan!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Lloyd3
The other solution is to go fully cheap and buy the $7 Smith and Wessons (& others) with the traditional sunglass-like shape. And, you can buy 'em in any color you like seeing as they are nearly free. At least when you inevitably lose (or break) them, you won't be so torn up.

That is my ploy for shades for high performance boating. Although I wear "mirrored" aviator RayBans when driving on the roads, when I run a hi-perf boat I wear a pair of $10 shades that won't break me if they blow off at 90 mph. I blew a pair of RayBans into the river last year. Not again.

Hey, I found a pair of Raybans while digging clams on the CT coast last year, they're my truck glasses.

Hoping to dig up a Submariner this year...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
PALUNC #598039 06/11/21 04:29 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I dug up an Omega Seamaster on our club skeet field about twenty years ago. I wound it and it worked without any further attention. To be honest, it has been repaired a couple of times since. No one has claimed it. I still have my Ray Bans from fifty years ago, but the prescription is a bit dated.

PALUNC #598040 06/11/21 05:16 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eightbore
I still have my Ray Bans from fifty years ago, but the prescription is a bit dated.

You 'da man, Bill!

I can't even remember how many pairs I've been through. Laid one pair on the tractor seat then got back in and sat on them. Another set I laid on a peanut combine tire while I crawled under it to work on something. Yep, you got it, I climbed back in the tractor, started off, and ran over them. Then, there's the ones last year when I took them off to pull off my t-shirt before putting on my LifeLine vest. Warmed up the 240 Merc on the Allison, made a short run upriver then turned back to look for them ............ gone of course, into the drink.

Maybe they worked their way downriver to Savannah, got caught up in the currents and wound up in Rob's clam bed. I dunno. One thing's for sure, no one will ever find a Submariner that I lost. I don't even own a watch.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

By now I figured you would know you were accident prone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
By now I figured you would know you were accident prone.

I can just see Stan hopping around after shooting him self in the foot trying to quick draw on a drug dealer.

PALUNC #598095 06/12/21 02:34 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by PALUNC
Ordered my Rangers today from Deep River. Now I got the vermillion lens, what would be a great second lens?

HD Medium. And then Clear.

HD Medium is the most commonly sold lenses according to Wayne at Morgan Optical. And he knows what he is talking about.

Mentioned not long ago that I agree with a person on here pretty much all of the time. This not so much, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Randolph lenses. If you think there is distortion it is in your mind. Although maximum transmission is the correct answer so he is not too far off the mark. But Bronze? No. Rifle yes, then again that depends on kill conditions.

My grandfather gave me his slide rule when I went to Alfred for Ceramic Engineering. He was one of the Engineers on the casting of the Ca. Palamor lens that Corning did. Both of them. Been balancing empirical equations since 7th grade. Didn't have a chemistry set had a full chemistry lab with a 1000 ml. distillation flask and worm tube condenser by 7th grade. Which somehow managed to make C2H5OH more than distilled water by the 9th grade.

HD Medium Ranger, Then clear. Anti fog and reflective coatings bug spray (Deet) will kill in a heartbeat and smear. On any lens. So be careful what you order. And use.

There is no distortion with the Rangers. Anyone that says otherwise is trying to justify the expenditure for something they think is better. But is not. Actually for a small subset of shooters under the age of 50 they may be. But hard to empirically justify, and where the money counts does not.

I am prone to purchase Serengeti glasses made by Corning Glass Works. Before they sold them off and Corning Glass Works became Corning Inc. Will take their fiber patch panels all day long now and do for networking.

Just buy the Ranger HD Medium lenses you will not regret it. More than likely you will end up preferring them to the Vermillion lenses. But clear always pretty much wins too. Just saying, keep it simple. And clear.

Can't buy an extra target no matter how much you spend. But there is a heck of a market out there for those that think you can.

Last edited by Cold Iron; 06/12/21 02:37 AM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.