March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (CJF, Jimmy W, AZMike, Hugh Lomas, eightbore, 1 invisible), 605 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#597116 05/20/21 08:47 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have 2 cases.

One came with a 30 inch barrel sxs and fits/works as to be expected. No manufacture markings I Can find just barrel length #30

My ? Is on the second. It is a Brauer Brothers that I bought just because it was in such good shape. The only other marking I can find is 41 and 28 which I am assuming the later is the barrel length. After receiving the case I noticed it to be visible narrower than the other case I have and I cannot find any way to fit a sxs shot gun even with 26 " barrels in the Brauers case. Is it possible this is for an O/U or some other take down shotgun. I currently do not have any O/U shotguns to try.

Beautiful case but just not sure what I have.

Thanks for input. I do not have pic hosting sight right now but can email pics forcsomeone else to post if needed.

Travis

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many LOM cases were made for semi-autos such as the Browning A-5.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by topgun

Really?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Travis S
I have 2 cases.

One came with a 30 inch barrel sxs and fits/works as to be expected. No manufacture markings I Can find just barrel length #30

My ? Is on the second. It is a Brauer Brothers that I bought just because it was in such good shape. The only other marking I can find is 41 and 28 which I am assuming the later is the barrel length. After receiving the case I noticed it to be visible narrower than the other case I have and I cannot find any way to fit a sxs shot gun even with 26 " barrels in the Brauers case. Is it possible this is for an O/U or some other take down shotgun. I currently do not have any O/U shotguns to try.

Beautiful case but just not sure what I have.

Thanks for input. I do not have pic hosting sight right now but can email pics forcsomeone else to post if needed.

Travis

Could be for a small bore or rifle?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by RARiddell
Originally Posted by topgun

Really?

Yes. I have one. Really great condition. I was told it was for an A5 or a Model 12?

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

both cool old gons...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have several LOM cases in pretty good shape. I seem to have heard somewhere that it is not good to store your gun in them. Anyone have any information on that?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
I have several LOM cases in pretty good shape. I seem to have heard somewhere that it is not good to store your gun in them. Anyone have any information on that?...Geo

Only personal experience. Copied and pasted from another LOM thread .........

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...p;Words=socks&Search=true#Post594334

"Tamid, I buy the Beretta two piece "socks" that are made to hold the barrels/forend in one and the buttstock/action in the other. They have a drawstring on the end. I slide them into the leg of mutton case inside the "socks" and it holds them snugly and prevents any "bouncing around" inside the case. I really enjoy a nice LOM case, and keep several guns in LOM cases all the time."

Has worked for me for years with zero problems.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Also how do you clean/condition your LOMs?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill Murphy's buddy, Kevin, told me to use this on mine. I have done so for a few years and have been well pleased with it. Great for boots, too.

https://www.blackrock-leather.com

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.