March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (NCTarheel, bigblock, docbill, battle, eightbore, Perry M. Kissam), 859 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,018
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't practice for bears. I practice for the more likely desperate druggie.

Mine feeds 100% with Federal HydraShoks. And, if I couldn't have one in the pipe I would rather have a 4 foot long piece of 3/4" steel water pipe.

Last edited by Stanton Hillis; 05/21/21 08:26 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

All you can do is prepare. I’ve heard of fly fisherman wading in with a short barreled 12 gauge or 44 carbine slung over their shoulders, must be a huge pain in the ass while fishing, but, less of a pain then meeting the wrong bear armed with a fishing pole. I’ve stumbled onto the remains of meth labs, twice, but, the druggies running them had moved on in both cases. Told the sheriff, anyway, he seemed less alarmed than I was. Found a jet ski on a trailer in the woods, miles from anything, called the sheriff when I got to the car, and it was gone before the sheriff arrived.
The black bears I have actually seen were always running away. Lucky, I guess.
There are many things about Canada I don’t understand. A guy lives in the bush, why do they care what gun he has? They aren’t coming to help no matter what happens.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
All you can do is prepare. I’ve heard of fly fisherman wading in with a short barreled 12 gauge or 44 carbine slung over their shoulders, must be a huge pain in the ass while fishing, but, less of a pain then meeting the wrong bear armed with a fishing pole. I’ve stumbled onto the remains of meth labs, twice, but, the druggies running them had moved on in both cases. Told the sheriff, anyway, he seemed less alarmed than I was. Found a jet ski on a trailer in the woods, miles from anything, called the sheriff when I got to the car, and it was gone before the sheriff arrived.
The black bears I have actually seen were always running away. Lucky, I guess.
There are many things about Canada I don’t understand. A guy lives in the bush, why do they care what gun he has? They aren’t coming to help no matter what happens.

Best,
Ted

Not hard to figure out Ted. Our population is 90% urban. Tyranny of the majority.

We have nothing like your Senate that balances out the population majority of the House with balanced region (state) concerns.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

["Not hard to figure out Ted. Our population is 90% urban. Tyranny of the majority.

We have nothing like your Senate that balances out the population majority of the House with balanced region (state) concerns."] canvasback
-----------------------------

In Georgia we once had what we called the county unit system. It offset the vast number of Atlanta area voters, and put the counties in charge. The one man one vote movement did away with that, and Atlanta not only controls our legislature but who wins the national elections here. The problem in the USA with the one man one vote argument is that our country is a republic not a strict democracy...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 05/22/21 02:15 PM. Reason: added final sentence
Sidelock
Sidelock

…meeting the wrong bear armed with a fishing pole.

Imagine meeting the wrong bear armed with a four foot long piece of 3/4” steel water pipe.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by lonesome roads

Imagine meeting the wrong bear armed with a four foot long piece of 3/4” steel water pipe.

Per usual, you’re late, and missed the obvious.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
["Not hard to figure out Ted. Our population is 90% urban. Tyranny of the majority.

We have nothing like your Senate that balances out the population majority of the House with balanced region (state) concerns."] canvasback
-----------------------------

In Georgia we once had what we called the county unit system. It offset the vast number of Atlanta area voters, and put the counties in charge. The one man one vote movement did away with that, and Atlanta not only controls our legislature but who wins the national elections here. The problem in the USA with the one man one vote argument is that our country is a republic not a strict democracy...Geo

No, the real problem is that Liberal Left Democrats and the Liberal Press have conspired to silence any mention of things like suitcases full of ballots that were pulled out from under tables late at night... after Republican Election Observers and members of the Press were sent home.

In fact, the narrative on this has now shifted dramatically. If you do a Google search on the matter now, you will be indoctrinated with the new Democrat Left propaganda that you should not believe what is clearly shown on the surveillance tapes. You are being told to not believe your own eyes. Actual Video evidence is quashed by utter bullshit and repeated lies.

This is but a small fraction of the "irregularities" that occurred in Democrat controlled States and Cities in the 2020 Election. One man-- One Vote is not a problem. The problem is dead people voting, people voting multiple times, ballot harvesting, highly questionable mail-in votes, lack of a paper trail for voting, and a lack of Voter I.D. requirements to make certain that only legal U.S. citizens vote one time. You have repeatedly been told that there is zero evidence of election fraud.... even in precincts where there is greater than 100% voter turn-out. And any questioning of the obvious is ridiculed or totally shut down by Social Media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. Censorship is alive and well. The fate of our Republic is very questionable.

I couldn't make a post about Toyota losing big lawsuits over rusted truck frames and racial discrimination against blacks and Asians, because it could hurt Liberal's feelings, so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up about this subject getting posted...

To get this thread back on track, a high capacity 9 m/m increases the odds that the shooter under attack might get very lucky, and poke out both of the grizzly bear's eyes. Then he can side-step the blinded bear. KY Jon admits that stopping a grizzly charge with a .270 bullet in the eye involved a lot of luck, but a lifetime of snap shooting at small moving clay targets and birds probably helped him to instinctively point his rifle toward the right place. The average handgun shooter has trouble keeping rapid fire double action shots on paper at 7 yards. Laying them into vital areas of a charging grizzly is a bit more problematic, and a pissed-off grizzly will cover 7 yards in a second or less. I think I'd prefer one short barrelled pump 12 gauge stuffed with slugs or large buckshot over a 9 m/m handgun in each hand.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by lonesome roads

Per usual, you’re late, and missed the obvious.

Best,
Ted

+1

Last edited by Stanton Hillis; 05/22/21 08:38 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was stationed in Anchorage for 9 years. In my spare time I was a Wildlife conservation officer. If I was not wearing the cloth of our nation, I was out and about hunting, fishing.

My personal carry bear gun was my King Cobra, loaded with very hot solids. I only fired it twice in anger towards a bear. That’s another story.

While performing my second fun job as a wildlife officer, my side arm was a SW 44 mag and 870 loaded with slugs.

For the two shots at the bear, I was fishing the Russian River, a gentleman was camped about 75 yards up stream. I knew fishermen were being pestered by a bear with all the shouting and get out of here going on most of the evening not dark at 2am , then all of a sudden a blood letting screams then a lot of shooting and screaming from others. I knew it was not good, it lasted less than 10 seconds, not sure how I got to the camper, but the Beer had him by the leg dragging him I shot twice at less than 3 yards. Another fisherman beside me fired 1 shot from a 454 which the bear was dispatched. Not sure who or what killed the bear Stan, the first 5 shots at point blank was a 45acp which did not dispatch the bear.

Guy was taken by ambulance and I spent an extra couple hrs filling out paperwork that was not planned for.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
+1

Just hit the like button, Stan.

And keep on practicing. If you never run across a pissed off bear or druggie you can always hope for the revolution.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.