April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (FelixD, Perry M. Kissam, earlyriser, LRF, 2 invisible), 989 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,435
Posts544,725
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#596034 04/24/21 04:14 PM
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Been there two days so far and shooting in the Main Event tomorrow. My score was so bad Friday in the round action event I threw the card in the trash.
But I was pleasantly surprise at all the nice guns that were there. Most of the regular vendors were there but in smaller versions. But some very nice guns.
Got to meet Steve's Barnett's stepson and he is a very nice guy. I think he will do well. Steve taught him well.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is so great to hear! He is great to deal with on the phone too

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pal, I was sitting with Bob Nay on Friday when you came in saying it was the worst round ever, talking about the delays at each stand and threatening to burn your cards. Didn't realize it was you. Anyway, it was a great day. just to sit and talk..I decided not to shoot because of the lines. Oh well.

I also met Auguste, Steve Barnett's step-son? who it looks like is running the business now,. I asked him about a Parisian French o/u superbritte which had no price on the tag (with two of the great Parisian gun maker names on the gun) (not yet listed on his site). (That gun is amazing...so "Citroen" French quirky...I was trying to break it as usual...have to turn it on its side!) He sort of looked at me, assessing my net worth, credit rating, whether shoes were shined, and calmly said $24K. I asked if the gun could teach me to better my French. Super cool and rare gun - I think only two or three hundred were ever built. Auguste was helpful, knowledgeable, shrewd and a people friendly guy.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/933834324/LEBEAU-COURALLY-SUPER-BRITTE-OVER-UNDER-SIDE-OPEN-12-GAUGE.htm

By the way, Auguste is a French name...I should have asked him it he were a Cajun.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/26/21 07:05 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a SuperBritte. First read about them in a GunDigest about 45 years ago. Totally cool looking gun. One came along and I bought it. Neat gun which was very well made. I could not shoot it well to save my life. Never figured out why. It was so bad my hunting buddy suggested if I was going to commit suicide I would need to bring reloads, two would never be enough. Sold it to a Doctor outside Lexington KY.

About 20 years ago there was a bunch of them which were finished up and sold. Guess they had been stored in the white about when WWII started and were discovered. Since I already had gotten them out of my system I was not tempted. Hope you have better shooting experience with one of you buy it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a great event. So glad that the Southern is back. Overall, I would say that there are only a couple of vendors absent. I shot in the rain yesterday and felt like burning my scorecard too! There were some truly outstanding guns there. I do miss seeing the Brits.

Owen
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Actually there were some vendors that showed up that I was not expecting, like Griffon and Howe. Saw some other dealers walking around who usually come but did not have a table this year. Talked to Bob Nay as he was packing up and said he had a good show.
Now I just need to save up for a Grant. I did see lot's of Grant's there and of course I had already spent my wad.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

My son and I had another excellent trip to the Southern. Our original plans called for leaving out on Sunday morning for the long trek
home, but we make the call to hit the road yesterday afternoon because we didn't want to shoot in the rain. Met some great people and were tempted by some guns, but non made it home with us. On the way home I asked my son if it was worth the trip and he said absolutly, he really enjoys the old sxs guns. Here's to next year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Dave Weber
Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome to the fold, Chad and son. I wish it weren't so far from us in Arizona. Have never been to that event; maybe next year.

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

The picture of the young man plucking an empty from the Trojan with smoke coming from the breeches is a classic. It should be a cover shot for Parker Pages.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a great time as usual. Really good to see everyone. As much as I enjoy the shooting and the guns, it really is the people you meet at these events that make them worthwhile.

Argo44, Thanks for coming by and talking for a while. It was great to meet in person and I enjoyed our conversation. I hope you'll come again next year.

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.