March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Karl Graebner, Marc Ret, LeFusil, SKB, RWG, Ken Nelson), 282 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#595003 04/05/21 12:23 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am working at General Motors, “factory zero”, in Hamtramck, Michigan.

At my morning coordination meeting, they told me that they are all sold out.

I don’t know who bought them.

$73,000, for the base SUV, and over 100k for the pick up truck style.

I like the all wheel steering, but I’ll have to dry one for a while before I get used to that large of an electric vehicle.

It is kind of cool that they have 1000 pound feet of torque though.

But truthfully, I don’t get who actually bought them.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It amazes me how much cash is floating around in the country. I too am amazed at what stuff is bringing. I can’t imagine the depreciation on something like this Hummer!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

It might be even cooler than you think, GM is throwing around torque figures north of eleven thousand foot-pounds. GM is somewhat less than forthcoming about the curb weight, prefering to bury it in fairly impressive gross combined weights? Perhaps it was engineered to carry golf clubs and look good in country club parking lots? For bird hunting, I'm sure custom dog crates would fit in the back, and Honda makes a decent portable generator? Maybe, wait for gen two or three?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The battery pack is 1.5 tons
Chassis is 2 ton
When you have 30 of them hanging from the roof trusses, then you enter into my Bailywick.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
GM is throwing around torque figures north of eleven thousand foot-pounds

Good Lord! That is a terrifying figure knowing how many people will be driving these things around that are not able to handle a vehicle like that. In the wrong hands these things are rolling weapons of mass destruction. Getting almost 4 tons of vehicle up to 60 mph in 3 seconds is a harrowing, and at the same time exciting, thought.

I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.~Gordon Macquarrie
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Watch the tesla all wheel drive climb pikes Peak and imagine something four times bigger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My kid has spent hours of time at YouTube, watching something called “Dead Tesla” pretty much documenting the trouble people get themselves into with electric vehicles. It can be, hilarious. One thing the drivers have discovered at the U of M is at sub zero temps, battery discharge is logarithmic, and not in the delivery driver’s favor. A 100% reading on the gauge in the dash is a distant memory after 45 minutes of use.
Multiply the YouTube shenanigans of a little Tesla that is out of charge, by the weight and the distance to places people try to take the truck versions of electric vehicles.

I predict the “Dead Tesla” You Tube spot isn’t going anywhere.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

The amount of cash " floating around" is an outcome of 10% of the population owning 90% of the wealth. They can't figure out how to spend it or what to buy. You can see it in auction prices for really good firearms; they just keep appreciating. If you didn't see the PBS documentary on extinction this week, look it up. It makes electric cars conclusive. Ted, I hope you're watching the trial.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

What really amazes me is that electric vehicles are an answer to a question no one was asking.

W. E. Boyd
Sidelock
Sidelock

The crab walk looks like fun!

So many guns, so little time!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.