March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (trw999), 852 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not think I am wrong. Much of my supply chain originates in Europe which has been under on form of lock down or another for much of the past year.

Primers are principly manufactured in Europe as well. Without a primer your are not making cartridges to sell. We live in a global market, problems in production far from here can and do have a huge impact on our supplies.

I do agree with you Craig in that I have no desire to jump through the hoops they do in CA to buy ammo but the proposed legislation is not the cause of the current shortage.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Take an election year with a clearly anti-gun party, add COVID impacting the entire manufacturing process, add riots where the police are unable/not allowed to do anything and you get the perfect storm.

We've seen a drastic increase in NICS checks with a lot of new gun owners, all desperate for ammo. Ammo makers can not keep in the production of loaded ammo, so the availability of reloading components is shrinking to the point of non-existence as primers, brass and bullets are being allocated to producing new ammo. Even reloading machines are back ordered and/or out of stock.

Production is focused on the most common calibers, so the annual productions runs of, for example, .30 Mauser, have been postponed indefinitely. Foreign suppliers (Italy & Brazil) are being hit even harder by COVID than the U.S. so there is minimal help from those producers.

Basspro/Cabela's should be a good predictor of what the future will hold. Yes their prices have gone up, but only by a little. Cases of Herters 12g has gone up by maybe $5 and the price for 50 rounds of 9mm has gone up maybe $1-$2, which is reasonable given the increased costs to ammo companies in just overtime for the workers.

As to who is shooting, I go through a case of 12g every 4-5 weeks shooting skeet and I see plenty of others shooting about the same amount. So when we do see ammo at Cabelas we tend to buy as much as allowed because we don't know when we will see it in stock again.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
1 member likes this: ClapperZapper
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hoarding is hoarding, whether you’re doing it with a Social Security check or you’re doing it with Mail.

Obviously ammunition is considered a fire hazard by most insurance companies, the big bad insurance companies could just as easily tell all the customers that you can’t have more than two boxes of ammunition in your house at one time or they won’t cover you, and you get the same result as if legions of anti-gun activists managed to convince Congress to implement the same thing.

It just seems really crazy when I listen to the old guys at my gun club talking about their secret connection at Walmart, or getting up at 5 o’clock in the morning to sit in the sporting goods department waiting for the two packages of 22 shells to come out of the back room.

I don’t even know if these guys actually shoot 22 shells.

Buy what you need, and enjoy our sport.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by keith
I don't expect to find it any cheaper until Biden is impeached or arrested for his part in the coup.

Hold your breath. That's gonna happen any minute now....

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by dogon
The only solution to this is for everyone to quit panic buying!!! We shooters are the ones causing this!! This shortage isn't created by the government or the manufacturers, it's just simple supply & demand economics where the supply shortage is created out of unsubstantiated fear panic buying. There's no one to blame for this other than the man in the mirror, if he's one of those participating in this panic buying insanity.

The other crazy market right now that's close to this craziness is lumber. Have you priced dimensional lumber or plywood lately? This isn't a good time to take on a major building project when a $2.00 2" X 4" stud is now close to ten bucks & a sheet of 1/2" OSB is pushing thirty bucks and that's only if you can find decent quality supplies.

This guy is right. Gun owners are often their own worst enemy.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by nca225
Originally Posted by dogon
The only solution to this is for everyone to quit panic buying!!! We shooters are the ones causing this!! This shortage isn't created by the government or the manufacturers, it's just simple supply & demand economics where the supply shortage is created out of unsubstantiated fear panic buying. There's no one to blame for this other than the man in the mirror, if he's one of those participating in this panic buying insanity.

The other crazy market right now that's close to this craziness is lumber. Have you priced dimensional lumber or plywood lately? This isn't a good time to take on a major building project when a $2.00 2" X 4" stud is now close to ten bucks & a sheet of 1/2" OSB is pushing thirty bucks and that's only if you can find decent quality supplies.

This guy is right. Gun owners are often their own worst enemy.

No. You are wrong. We got exactly what we were promised from the winner of the election, starting with the prices of energy. Literally, his first move was throwing unionized pipe trade workers, who were encouraged to support him, under the bus.

The guns and ammunition thing would have happened whether there was COVID19 nonsense, or, not under this administration.

They promised it.

Wanna’ wager on whether Biden completes his term? Not a prayer.

I’ll take that bet.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: craigd
Sidelock
Sidelock

No bet. If he slows down the far left agenda too much or fails to meet Nancy’s goals they will start to notice his sudden failing. And he can not pass a close scrutiny. They have just about run the NY governor out out office because he was making noise about running for President in 2024. Can’t have that. Too many king makers already have their plans set.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The federal agenda to control guns and ammo mirrors almost exactly the program we saw in California when Harris was the state's AG. I have been warning you guys for years that the CA BS was coming to you, and now it's almost on your doorstep. Be afraid. Be very afraid. And fight it with everything you can muster. I'm so pissed, I can't see straight.

1 member likes this: craigd
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by nca225
....This guy is right. Gun owners are often their own worst enemy.

No. You are wrong....
Thanks Ted, it really is that simple.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
No bet. If he slows down the far left agenda too much or fails to meet Nancy’s goals they will start to notice his sudden failing. And he can not pass a close scrutiny....
This doesn't make much sense. To slow something down, he has to have the thought that it is going too fast. He is constantly saying on camera, is this what I am supposed to say, is this what I am supposed to do. He signs things and reads things, how could he possibly fail.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.