April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (rocky mtn bill, Ken Georgi, Lloyd3, cable, Bob Jurewicz, 1 invisible), 1,041 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,435
Posts544,724
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not everything done with a shotgun has to transfer to hunting skills to be interesting to watch .......

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...-airborne-clay-targets-with-17-shots-in/

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Karl Graebner
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
That was fun to watch, and reminds me of the other exhibition shooter from Federal that passed. Thanks for sharing!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

In the slo mo it looks like he never got the last one.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
1 member likes this: builder
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Rob, it looks that way because he intentionally got atop a little hill and threw the targets off it so that he would have a little longer to get to the last couple.

I just can't imagine someone's mind working that fast, establishing the proper lead on 17 targets in less than three seconds. Must have used up a lot of shells and targets practicing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom Knapp did his level of shooting many, many times, publicly and consistently over a long period. Records are what they are, but we'll see. all things pass as they say.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Tom Knapp was good, in his day, but his personal record was 10 targets.

I heard that Ad Topperwein once shot a 25 straight at FCGC in Savannah with .22 Shorts.

I have seen Tim Bradley do his exhibition shooting at FCGC in Savannah, and was under impressed. He missed a lot.

I have seen Jon Krueger do his exhibition shooting, and he was much better.

But, the best I've ever seen in person is John Michael Morris, from Georgetown, SC. He is just over the top. Almost never misses. I have witnessed him run a 25 straight on the skeet field in 60 seconds, from the hip. I've seen him run a 25 straight on skeet while riding a bicycle, steering with his left hand and shooting from the hip with his right hand only. And, John Michael has never had a big sponsor giving him free shells like the others do. He can shoot just as good with the shotgun upside down and over his head as he can from the shoulder. He is a friend, but I envy his ability really bad ........ blush

Sidelock
Sidelock

I asked Tom Knapp how long it took him to learn to through that target spread. He said he had a pallet of targets in a grassy field , threw them all and picked up the ones that didn't break and threw them again. He also told me to remember the middle of an aspirin is the same size as the middle of a watermelon. Kind of gives you something to think about.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I can't even imagine how hard it was to learn to throw 17 high enough and with the proper "pattern" to be able to break them all in 2 seconds.

Jon Kruger can throw a golf ball up in the air and either slice it or hook it on demand, or alternatively drive it out of sight straight away.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.