March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, fuhrmann), 884 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Which Rigby turn around?

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Which Rigby turn around?

Post Paul Roberts. After Paso Robles. Present L&O group.

At least that’s what I’m presuming.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It needs to be remembered that William Greener and William Wellington Greener possibly did more for the design and promotion of shotguns than any other manufacturer!
I think it would be a real shame to see this name be lost forever .
Dickson may already be lost ? McNaughton ? Webley & Scott ? Mackay Brown soon to retire,
Given the history of Greener and the numerous innovations he produced I would have thought it an ideal opportunity for a well funded ambitious businessman to own an iconic name in gunmaking.As for Gunman's questions , not sure of the asking price and if I was in a position to purchase I would re-locate into a purpose built factory , re-tool with necessary machinery and hope to gain all assets and goodwill in the asking price, and as is often the case retain the services of the two working directors for twelve months to assist the re-birth.
Maybe lessons could be learned from what happened to Boxall & Edmiston and how Longthorne appear to be prospering?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greener might have a chance if Beretta buys it.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have spoken to a few Brits and they showed no interest at all. Reasoning that due to Covid & lockdown the economy is very poor at the minute and may take years to recover. They also asked 'what are you buying,, any orders, no factory , no machines , no employees, what price?' Lots of questions and lots of caution.

1 member likes this: Imperdix
Sidelock
Sidelock

One thing that has always puzzled me is where did all the `original`Greener guns go? In almost 50 yr of shooting and loading,I`ve hardly ever come across a Greener s/s ,in fact only 5 and 2 of those were a pair of sidelocks,plenty of GP guns around tho`! Where was W W Greener`s market back in the day?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did they find a buyer in the end??

Regards

AlanD

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Dickson may already be lost ? McNaughton ? "
Peter,
sorry but I must suggest that you check your facts before condemning great names to the history books!
If you did your research you would find that J Dickson & Son and MacNaughton are very much alive (no thanks to Covid) and in the very capable hands of J-P Daeschler, a time served stocker from Scotland. And no he isn't a foreigner!
He also has a couple of other iconic Scottish names in his portfolio and is producing guns and rifles under the names.
I know that the Dickson workshops have produced new guns built on their own and MacNaughton historic designs in the last couple of years and have more on the bench in production.
Things have been very challenging for them during the pandemic but do not write them off, they are a very long way from being defunct!

Sidelock
Sidelock

While staying at Dunkeld House Hotel about 3 years ago I called in to Dickson’s workshop ,located in the hotel’s grounds, prior to shooting at the adjacent clay pigeon ground. The new bar in wood MacNaughtons on display were exquisite.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Toby is spot on Dickson's is very much alive under the guidance of J.P Daeschler. McKay Brown is now under new ownership and taking orders. John Manton and Son is also producing high end guns and taking orders, so we have not given up just yet over here.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.