March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (ChiefAmungum, Dan R, Hoot4570, canvasback, 3 invisible), 351 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,985
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I went down a youtube rabbit hole the other day when I found simulated driven game shooting where clays instead of birds are shot in the UK. Here is an example: [video:youtube]
[/video]

Is this offered in the states? It would be great if this was able to be offered at some of the larger sxs shoots.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Any then I found a different type of launcher The Flurry Launcher, [video:youtube]
[/video]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe Promatic makes a four or six trap trailer available to clay shoots for a fee.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Around home some shooting preserves that were holding "Tower Shoots" with live birds and usually held as a fund raiser for DU and the likes . those clay shoots would be a lot of fun too.
Myself I'm waiting for this one to be available ......those chaps across the bay do know how to have fun

Sidelock
Sidelock

FW IW, many claygrounds in the UK host flurry events. It can be used as a way to tuneup for the driven season, as a fundraiser, but mostly it’s so that the clubs have dependable groups of people coming through during the warm months when game shooting is closed.

Driven targets are generally not possible here in the United States though Sandanona in New York has a nice setup for two guns.
Clubs are reluctant to throw targets at, over, or past, their guests.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Clubs are reluctant to throw targets at, over, or past, their guests.

Ah, the liability. Can anyone confirm that this is the main reason it isn't offered in the states?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Orvis facility in Fairfield PA had a "driven bird" station under previous ownership. I would guess that it is still in place. On the Orvis Hill Country website, there is a picture of Station 15, the Grouse Butt. In days past, I enjoyed shooting Station 15 with boxes of shells.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not exactly the same but at the old UP SxS shoot they had a flurry, one shooter, one or two guns and a loader with birds coming at you but not past you if I recall correctly. We used to have an organization here in the midwest called the Great lakes SxS Assoc and occasionally we would include a driven station. The difficulty is often making sure spectators aren't going to be hit with pieces or intact clays. I am planning a SxS shoot for Spring that will include a tower but the targets will, be more passing than at you.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
Sidelock

very cool...but cant under stan watt day are sayin...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.