March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
battle Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

the horror...the absolute horror...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I cut down an 1882 Remington! It is for my bar, We call it the "Bar Sweeper"
Really it was a parts gun that Rick and I decided would fit into the bar decor, complete with our brand on the stock!
I had never handled a Sawed Off Shotgun before--it is an interesting change!
I then looked up some famous ones from the movies. Unforgiven, Tombstone, Billy the Kid......

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is nothing quite like a 10 gauge with barrels chopped to 20" with heavy loads of BP and shot. My cowboy load is 120 grains of either 1F or 2F, whichever is cheapest and 1 1/2 oz of shot and on some stages I'll pull both triggers at the same time. laugh

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shot one that a guy who was in college with me had. It nearly jumped out of my hands!

The owner was a bit eccentric, to say the least. He had screwed a leather strap, as a shell holder, onto the interior of his Barracuda's driver door, to hold two extra shells.

Always wondered what he was doing in college anyway, as he seemed to have a promising career ahead of him at the "Greybar Hotel".

Eddie Lee Walker, a black man who worked for my family on the farm for almost his entire life used to say "Boss man, I can take one of those into a juke on a Saturday night and bring peace out of confusion".

Last edited by Stanton Hillis; 02/08/21 09:08 AM. Reason: added info

May God bless America and those who defend her.
battle Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well my point was... if it hadn’t been chopped up would it have sold for that much???

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hacksaw work at its finest. Just wish they limited that type work to Crescents and other hardware guns. Maybe it’s the rail screwed onto the barrel for a flashlight that drove up the price. Bubba mostly uses duct tape or electrical tape if he can’t find the duct(duck) tape to attach the flashlight.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Back in the early '70's, Franklin's Gun Shop there in Athens, GA ordered in a batch of "factory sawed-offs". These were Spanish guns branded "Erbi" and manufactured with 18" cylinder bore barrels and 3" chambers. The gun wasn't beautiful or well balanced, but it was the darnedest killing machine I've ever owned; I just couldn't miss with that gun! Then there was the Saturday when my B-I-L went bunny hunting and got rained out, so we returned to the in-laws; and being young, bored, and stoopid began looking for something to occupy our time. As we wiped down our guns we remembered that the Erbi had 3" chambers, and that we just happened to have on hand a box of Win. max load 3" shells loaded with 2 oz. of #2 shot; so the dares began. Bet you won't shoot two of those at the same time; I will if you will; etc., and we did. So we stepped into the back yard and my bigger and stronger B-I-L went first. At the blast gun muzzles went straight up and recoil knocked him backwards about a half step; so it was my turn. Other than not being knocked flat no my back, all I remember is that my right shoulder was instantly numb at the shot and I lost the grip in my right hand which resulted in my fingers being skinned by the triggers as the gun twisted and fell. When feeling returned, I examined my little Erbi and noticed that the bottom side of the left barrel was swelled at the end of the chamber. God was watching over this fool that day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When a shotgun seems to be nearing the end of it's useful lifespan, this was rather commonly encountered in the world I grew up in. It was largely confined to pump guns in that time (& perhaps still) but... I'm sure a few lesser doubles were on the receiving end of that "treatment" as well. Active and even retired law enforcement seemed to be common practitioners of the "art". It wasn't just the bad guys...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I fired a 12 ga gun that was cut off like that. It recoiled terribly and kicked up so hard it hit me it the forehead. Hope that one found its way to a dumpster...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.