Originally Posted by Tom Bryant
Originally Posted by LeFusil
Those NEA FAIR O/U’s when they were being liquidated were probably the best deals ever on a quality gun. I picked up a 16 bore Model 500 with upgraded wood for 1k. Some were going for less than that.

Wes, Dave and I priced those guns (FAIR)to sell and we moved them quickly. Re: the Rota guns. I was unimpressed as well, but that said, we sold them pretty quickly as well, and I don’t recall ever getting one back with issues.

Tom, good to hear from you! And agree 100% with what Dustin said. Those FAIRs were damned good buys. Too bad they weren't making sxs back then . . . or if they were, not sending them to the States.

I remember talking to one of the guys at Owatonna . . . pretty sure it wasn't Bill Taylor, but someone else who was reasonably knowledgeable about shotguns. I was looking at a Rota, already wasn't impressed, and he basically told me to avoid them. But then back in those days, I was doing my best to support the Owatonna Gun Library, particularly the sxs part. And Bill and his crew were great to work with. Didn't know how good we had it until everything changed.