March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Marc Ret, Argo44, LGF, Ian Forrester, Ted Schefelbein, LeFusil), 823 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Skybusting is bad, but not much different than bow hunters who attempt 40 yard shots at deer with their compound bows, or elk hunters who lob in 800 yard shots at elk with their 7 mm mag, yet lack the ability to do either.

As KY Jon said, a big part of the problem is that many hunters are very poor at range estimation, and they also lack the knowledge of just what constitutes effective range for them, their gun, and their loads.

But sky busters aren't nearly the threat to us that people like Dr. Wanker, rocky mtn bill, or BrentD are, when they vote for and support anti-gun Democrats who spent decades infringing upon the 2nd Amendment, and are now doing all they can to silence any opposition, and trampling upon the 1st Amendment as well. Ask Republican Congressman Marjorie Taylor Green about freedom of speech under the new illegitimate regime. It is very easy to see what is driving panic buying and the ensuing ammo shortages. Gun and ammo buyers simply know when their Constitutional firearms ownership and shooting rights are threatened... so they naturally try to stock up while they can.

Put the blame where it belongs... on the FUDD's, Libtards, and anti-gun Democrats... and quit worrying about some kids who try to knock down a duck with a 100 yard crossing shot.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To add to the ridiculous state that we are in, I went to a large sporting goods store in Virginia to pick up a rifle that I had purchased off of GB and had shipped there. State Police background check system is down. Not happy considering I drove 30+ miles to pick it up. Not their fault. I walked around for about and hour and half, still wasn't up. I left and went to the local Publix for some items and went back, still down. I finally left and I'll try again Sunday.

While there I took a look at the ammunition section. Nothing but 28 gauge, a few slug loads and really obscure rifle caliber ammunition. Lots of firearms stacked behind the counter waiting for the system to come back up or checks previously delayed with a lot of frustrated and even angry customers.

As to the younger guys and hunting, I think some of it is that there is no one teaching them. They watch the shows on TV and see thirty minutes of blasting ducks to background rock music, or think you just set up a tree stand and shoot a 13 pointer in less than 30 minutes. They are receptive and appreciative to learning. While out chasing Woodcock I came across two young guys duck hunting. We chatted a bit and I pointed out that their decoys were too close to the bank, and too close together. Since they asked, I gave them a quick lesson in putting out a small decoy spread. I also mentioned concealment, as I could see them as I headed down there so ducks certainly could. I only went down there because I thought they were packing up. They seemed to appreciate it and I moved on away from them.

They are the future, and if we want our activities and traditions to continue long after we are gone we have to guide and help them when we can rather than gripe about them. Just my take anyway.

1 member likes this: canvasback
Sidelock
Sidelock

Picked up a Model 12 I won on a auction today. Background check was swamped. FFL showed me how many guns he transferred last month. He is a transfer only type dealer. In a normal month he might fill in a page to a page and a half in his log book. Last month he filled in five pages and has filled in three already so far this month. He does stock ammo but as most he has nothing on hand at all. I have been looking at GunBroker and guns which struggle to get any bids seem to be getting interest. Maybe time to clean out the project pile a bit.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now is certainly the time to go through the ammo locker and see what you have that's no longer necessary. I did an inventory a couple of weeks ago and found ammo for guns I haven't owned for years. Specialty ammo is really in short supply. Try to find .257 Roberts, or 260 Remington, 6.5x55. Its no where to be found in the US right now and its not going to get better anytime soon. Ammo makers are cranking out their meat and potatoes stuff right now. Specialty stuff might not be around for another year. I was fortunate last fall that I needed a box of .257 Roberts and my local gunsmith had two on his shelf for $39. Only needed one but I bought both as he told me that might be it for a year or more and I'd better buy it now.

foxes rule
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey all, same situation here in Bismarck (and basically all of ND). Shelves bare, very few guns, no reloading supplies.

Gee, I wonder why!

Good luck to all of you in your quest for ammo!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it is only fair if you live in a red state you should be able to easily find and buy ammo and reloading components you want. After all it is not our fault there are any shortages. We voted for the fellow who made ammo and guns so available that he ended the last eight years drought. Same should occur with oil. You can have the four dollar gas they want we will keep the two gas we had.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
We voted for the fellow who made ammo and guns so available that he ended the last eight years drought. Same should occur with oil. You can have the four dollar gas they want we will keep the two gas we had.

The "we" you speak of was election fraud.

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought the big increase in gun and ammo sales was mostly related to personal, family, and business defense. We have been losing waterfowl hunters for years at the national level.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We are losing waterfowl hunters thanks to the Federal Duck Refuges.....ducks are congregated in Government duck housing projects.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Hal
I thought the big increase in gun and ammo sales was mostly related to personal, family, and business defense. We have been losing waterfowl hunters for years at the national level.

I think the biggest reason for of what is going on right now can be summed up in one word. "Fear".

foxes rule
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.