March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (LeFusil, playing hooky, Ian Forrester, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#590340 01/20/21 02:35 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sent my barrels and other assorted parts to be reblued on the 17th of December. Had to put in a claim 7 days ago. Miraculously they were delivered today after 32 days priority mail. A very close call. From now on parts go registered mail. Would have been a real shame to have one of only 6 WR try guns ever made without the barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

USPS lost a couple guns for me last year for about six weeks. Not a fun thing to go through. Glad you got them back. We’re they lost on the way out or back? If so I hope the return trip goes a heck of a lot smoother.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just got some reloading components I bought from a private seller that were mailed December 28 via USPS Priority Mail. 21 days.

The Post Office is one screwed up place.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Probably not lost, just jammed up somewhere in the backlog. At least that's the way it is here. Somebody just received an item yesterday, only took 56 days! I have had a couple that took 24 days. I imagine your postal system is as bad as hours right now. I'm glad to hear that you received them unharmed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I realize that Registered Mail is a good system with the required signature at each point. Does that mean that insurance is not necessary? Is the insurance purchased for Registered a different price per $100?

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I ship registered on all my higher value packages. The cost of insurance is much lower than purchasing insurance for priority mail or any other service I have found. Additionally registered mail does not have a cap on whart they will pay out, unlike Fedex or UPS. It can be slow at times but the service is very safe and things arrive in the same manner they left assuming you pack them well.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eightbore
Mike, I realize that Registered Mail is a good system with the required signature at each point. Does that mean that insurance is not necessary? Is the insurance purchased for Registered a different price per $100?

Signing each step of the way prevents theft but if there's a fire or something else that damages your shipment you still need insurance. Insurance p/$100 on Registered is lower than regular mail.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

They were lost on the way to the smith. Registered on the way back for sure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve had registered packages get lost. One was lost for two weeks. Seemed the person who signed for it went on vacation for two weeks. When he returned it came back into the system. I was not a happy camper. There is no great way to ship guns these days I’m afraid.

Mike I almost feel like I ought to light a candle for your gun shipment. Only I’m not Catholic and my neighbors all think I am just one step removed from lighting bonfires to burn witches. I tell them nonsense, I don’t limit myself to witches. A few, almost all, elected officials, couple big tech leaders and most of the MSM people are on my to burn list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, KY Jon, do you think the USPS employee who went on vacation for two weeks after signing for the gun, took the gun home with him because he couldn't find anyone to take possession. If we are to believe that signing for a package means that you have to find an employee to take it from you before you leave on vacation, and can't find that person, then taking the package home with you is the only solution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.