March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Owenjj3, SKB, Philbert, dukxdog, Marc Ret), 842 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those steel head casings are known for sticking in chambers. They are high pressure to run dirty semi autos. The steel doesn't shrink back like brass. Chamber cleaning and polishing may help if you can't find good shells.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mark II
Those steel head casings are known for sticking in chambers. They are high pressure to run dirty semi autos. The steel doesn't shrink back like brass. Chamber cleaning and polishing may help if you can't find good shells.

How? I cannot understand how steel shell casings can cause the gun to be hard to open. I know they can cause failures to eject well, but that is not jOe's problem with this gun.

If there's a way, I'm willing to listen and learn.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I could see it on an extractor gun, but not an ejector gun.

Still betting there will be signs of pin drag on the primers. It would be interesting to know if it is hard to open regardless of which barrel is fired. I'll bet it only happens if the lower barrel is fired.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Stan.
Does your Verona ever have this problem?
Just sayin'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

WW universal's have a bad rep around here, WW Super Target have a great rep. Both are in white boxes. Universal or Super target or both?

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an Ugartechea 28 gauge that is hard to open with Winchester AA's and the primers show distinct drag marks. I have no trouble opening the gun with any other ammo including the Italian made Herter's and Fiocchi's. When I reloaded I had no trouble with Nobel Sport, Fiocchi, CCI, Federal or Cheddite primers.

At least with my Uggie I believe that the softer metal of the primer is the primary issue. I solved the problem by not shooting Winchester AA's.

Last edited by FlyChamps; 12/21/20 09:06 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's odd, FlyChamps. My 28 ga. Verona loves AAs. In fact, that's all I've ever shot in it. I got a great deal on several flats of it awhile back and I'm still using it. I've never tried the white box Winchesters in it. Actually, I don't really shoot the 28 that much.

I have used them in my 20 ga. Beretta 687. They were the Super Targets. Never had an issue with them in that gun.

Stuff like this can be aggravating.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
Hey Stan.
Does your Verona ever have this problem?
Just sayin'.

Been waiting for this. Maybe Stan could loan Frank a Verona.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: FlyChamps
I have an Ugartechea 28 gauge that is hard to open with Winchester AA's and the primers show distinct drag marks. I have no trouble opening the gun with any other ammo including the Italian made Herter's and Fiocchi's. When I reloaded I had no trouble with Nobel Sport, Fiocchi, CCI, Federal or Cheddite primers.

At least with my Uggie I believe that the softer metal of the primer is the primary issue. I solved the problem by not shooting Winchester AA's.

I have this problem with only Federal target loads in one of my Cashmores. It is only on the right barrel and inspection of the cases showed drag and inspection of the firing in showed some burrs had developed somehow. A touch of a file and it's no problem, but I don't often use Federal commercial loads.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

I worked as range officer at our club for large group events.Biggest problem with white box Winchesters were with pumps not ejecting. Not a firing pin problem, always thought steel base causing this. Super Targets okay. Winchester using different bases or what? Never miked the rim thickness to see if they were thinner & ejector not catching the rim. Not Joe type of problem.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.