March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (Dan R, Hoot4570, canvasback, 4 invisible), 348 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,985
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I still have a few boxes of Republic Metallic Cartridge Co. black powder loads. I'll shoot a few on a dove shoot from time to time and I have one box of 2 1/2" high brass No. 5s I shoot a turkey with when the mood strikes...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

rmc made good bp shells...what happened, that they went out of bidness?

rst, liability, lack of demand...sum thin else?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

brent, how is pyrodex more corrosive than bp?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
brent, how is pyrodex more corrosive than bp?

It causes more rust. wink

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

CZ, just opened the safe and told my 16b Crass about your outing.
I think her smile betrayed a hint of jealousy.

Speude Bradeos
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hunt turkeys with a 10 bore Smallwood hammer gun, using RMC brass shells, BP, and bismuth (nontox now required for everything in CA). This season I will use it for ducks if we ever get enough weather to bring a few more to my area.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It will work well for both, but what shot size of Bismuth did you use for turkeys?

I use #5 Bi for ducks and pheasants with good results.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
gee stan, was that the same person, with the a5, to whom you gave the bp shells to shoot, wid out tellin him they would jam up his autoloader with fouling...and that he would have to disassemble the gun, wash all internal parts with soap and water, dry, lube, and reassemble the gun... hoping he did it right...

or was that a new friend for you to have fun with at their expense?

"do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

I cannot believe you persist with this drivel. Can you not read well, or can you just not comprehend what you read? This is the unaltered text I wrote:

Originally Posted By: Stan Hillis
I looked in the shop, saw those leftovers and handed them to him, not realizing they were loaded with black.

Tell me ........what part of "not realizing they were loaded with black" needs further explanation for you? Get back to me on it and I'll get my 2 yr. old granddaughter to explain it to you.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

well stan, perhaps you are right... time to let hit go...

Last edited by ed good; 12/20/20 11:15 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think a a5 is a Browning auto 5 - right ? If so, Mr. Browning thought it was one of his greatest achievements because it could use BP or nitro. But maybe it's one of the new ones that look somewhat like the old auto-5 and wouldn't digest BP. I reload so BP is just one of the loads I make quite often. The best outing was in the afternoon of a tower shoot where we went afield with our dogs to shoot any birds that had escaped in the morning. I had used smoke all morning and in the afternoon my Wirehair Pointing Griffon had been retrieving all the birds anyone shot and he pointed a bird. I kicked it up, let everyone else shoot, and took it down with some smoke in my hammergun. My friend gave me a big thumbs up. Kind a neat to hear all those other guns go off and have my big boom bring home the bacon.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.