March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Fudd), 490 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,339
Posts543,406
Members14,386
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan: You read my mind. I pulled rank (just a little) and had a Come to Jesus with my brother-in-law. Long story short, he bought the Verona. Quick question or two...when & where were the Verona guns made and by who, Isidoro? Batista made all the guns that Mark Reynolds sold new in my time there and they were spectacular guns. Next question, this Verona has choke tubes, but only two (full & mod). Do you know if the later Rizzini guns have choke tubes that will interchange with these earlier guns?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan the internet Queen
Originally Posted By: CluelessjOe
Who made the Verona cOrona you were hyping earlier...sounds like a dang type writer.

Rizzini. Ever heard of the Rizzini family? They're Italian gunmakers. As in Fabricca Armi Isidoro Rizzini (FAIR).

Verona is simply a model in their line of guns. Kinda like 101 is a gun model made by Winchester.

Get it now?

SRH

So a Verona is made in the Rizzinni factory...or is it just part of a big conglomerate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good call. They handle exactly like a Beretta Silver Pigeon, IMO.

The Verona is a I. Rizzini gun (FAIR). I'm not sure about the choke tube interchangeability. Mine came with 5, plus several Briley extended ones. I can find out for you, but if you're looking for flush mount tubes you should call Bazil Slaughter in NV. He will have extras on hand, I'm sure.

Slaughter Gunsmithing
702-610-0334

If you call, tell him I said Hi!

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Who made the Verona cOrona you were hyping earlier...sounds like a dang type writer.

Rizzini. Ever heard of the Rizzini family? They're Italian gunmakers. As in Fabricca Armi Isidoro Rizzini (FAIR).

Verona is simply a model in their line of guns. Kinda like 101 is a gun model made by Winchester.

Get it now?

SRH

So a Verona is made in the Rizzinni factory...or is it just part of a big conglomerate.

Yes. It is properly called a FAIR Verona. Made by the Rizzini family in their factory, run by Luca Rizzini.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Those two Marlin's look like winners to me.

As a person who started on a singleshot 20 and then graduated to a pump 12, I think pump guns for young kids are a mistake, especially in 12 gauge. Short butstocks are nice, but not sufficient. The whole action/balance is wrong and only gets worse with a short stock. They are heavy and require the long reach to operate them.

Any sort of double is much better with the geometry, and the balance can be, at least, not as bad as a loaded pump gun.

Ditto this for women shooters. I often seem them shooting "youth" 870s and similar. None of them shoot them well. But those few that have half decently fitted doubles of any kind, always shoot better.

Just my observations.

Not all pumps are 870s. You paint with a broad brush:

Sub 6lb Remington model 17. Just about everyone who ever touched it shot it well, and many of those were gun safety school kids and their nervous mothers. A key is keeping the loads light for newbs, but, a guy could do a lot worse for his kid or wife.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Stan: You read my mind. I pulled rank (just a little) and had a Come to Jesus with my brother-in-law. Long story short, he bought the Verona. Quick question or two...when & where were the Verona guns made and by who, Isidoro? Batista made all the guns that Mark Reynolds sold new in my time there and they were spectacular guns. Next question, this Verona has choke tubes, but only two (full & mod). Do you know if the later Rizzini guns have choke tubes that will interchange with these earlier guns?

I'm not Stan but...

Yes the Verona guns were made by Isidoro, FAIR. The FAIR chokes are interchangeable in their line of guns. FAIR actually got its start making choke tubes, Technichoke, and still make them in subgages for several other manufactures.

B. Rizzini choke tubes are NOT interchangeable with FAIR guns. The first B. Rizzini tubes were made without slots for a wrench (Teague style tubes) by Seminole mainly the Bean guns IIRC. After that they started making their own and the first generation they made throws the best patterns I have ever seen. But again are not interchangeable with FAIR guns.

Verona O\U guns made by FAIR use Verona LX chokes. You will often see Verona SX chokes but those are made for the Turkish semi autos that Verona also imported at the same time.

You can get Verona LX chokes from Trulock

And of course Briley

Chokes from either of those will work I have a few of the Brileys in SK and LM.

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bless you Stan, I'll do just that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Cold Iron

You can get Verona LX chokes from Trulock

And of course Briley

And, if you're interested in high quality extended ones, from Comp-N-Choke, too.

For a kid learning to shoot I'd stick with the flush factory ones. I often use them in my 28 when quail hunting with it.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan the Verona X'spurt

Get it now?

SRH

Yes. It is properly called a FAIR Verona. Made by the Rizzini family in their factory, run by Luca Rizzini.

SRH

Well my research tells me no one really knows where Verona is made...some claim by Rizzini in Italy some say in Turkey...looks like you might have you a turkey Stanley.

I noticed a recall notice on some of the Veronas...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Those two Marlin's look like winners to me.

As a person who started on a singleshot 20 and then graduated to a pump 12, I think pump guns for young kids are a mistake, especially in 12 gauge. Short butstocks are nice, but not sufficient. The whole action/balance is wrong and only gets worse with a short stock. They are heavy and require the long reach to operate them.

Any sort of double is much better with the geometry, and the balance can be, at least, not as bad as a loaded pump gun.

Ditto this for women shooters. I often seem them shooting "youth" 870s and similar. None of them shoot them well. But those few that have half decently fitted doubles of any kind, always shoot better.

Just my observations.

Not all pumps are 870s. You paint with a broad brush:

Sub 6lb Remington model 17. Just about everyone who ever touched it shot it well, and many of those were gun safety school kids and their nervous mothers. A key is keeping the loads light for newbs, but, a guy could do a lot worse for his kid or wife.

Best,
Ted

It's not all about weight and LOP either.

Besides, it's well known that 98.7% of all first pumpguns are either 870s or Mossbergs... smile

Last edited by BrentD; 12/17/20 09:30 PM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.