March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 309 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Thanks folks. I don't shoot over/unders so I'm patently ignorant of the available options. I scanned the usual places online and just wasn't seeing much (except fairly wild prices). I'll pass along your suggestions to his dad. It strikes me that prices on even the most pedestrian o/us are fairly steep, especially in 20 bore? Wish we could say the same for a good British boxlock.

Reason you can't is because most were clapped out by the time they hit our shores...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I just don't stay logged in on here and waste my day dAy dreaming like you do.

Yeah, right. That's why you've got the highest number of posts of anybody here.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My post count reflects my need to keep bOzoz like you and KOnad in line....

Sidelock
Sidelock

My post count reflects my need to keep bOzoz like you and KOnad in line....

Quality not quantity is a good maxim. Youre not keeping anyone in line with fake information,................that you later correct but havent the character to admit to.

Lets stick to doubleguns rather than time wasting play fights. Its double guns ,their use and our experiences that count not abusive post counts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Back on topic. I'd avoid a Win or CD 101, unless it is an extremely good deal, because parts are almost impossible to find. With older O/Us like Beretta or Miroku, parts can be had. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the first generation Ruger Red Label 20s with the blued frame. They were fixed choke only, but that can be addressed down the road. Very nicely finished, most with excellent wood, kind of a sleeper.

Best advice for buying a starter gun, new or used, is to buy the best one that you can find at your price point. Pick a price and look at everything, rather than looking for a specific gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would second Replacemens suggestions and add that if weight is a concern that the Beretta would be a good option, my old 687 and my present Orvis uplander come in around the 6lb 2oz mark. I think my Classic Doubles 20 bore skeet is around the 7lb mark. The Ruger would be a good buy American option but the two twelve bores I owned were both barrel heavy and had poorly finished ribs. The joint on the raised rib at the end of the chamber area was raised higher at one side than the other and is a common cosmetic fault with them ,that aside they were a good gun for the money.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 12/16/20 02:21 PM. Reason: Addition
Sidelock
Sidelock

nother option is the weatherby orion, made by skb...

they are nice guns for around a grand...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
they are nice guns for around a grand...

But OP is around $700. Big difference.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nobody has mentioned the CZ guns. I recall the OP being interested in the CZ Bobwhite G2 SXS a while back. I have their Upland Ultralight OU in 12 gauge, no complaints, as well as a Bobwhite. Good guns for the money and good customer service. Certainly their all-steel guns in 12 gauge are too heavy for upland in my opinion, but they do have alloy-framed models. The CZ Drake has an MSRP of $675.

Normal Turkish gun stuff applies: it may come with a heavy trigger but if it's atrocious, CZ USA will take care of it under warranty. They did for me with my Bobwhite with quick turn around and to my satisfaction.

Bruce

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Thanks folks. I don't shoot over/unders so I'm patently ignorant of the available options. I scanned the usual places online and just wasn't seeing much (except fairly wild prices). I'll pass along your suggestions to his dad. It strikes me that prices on even the most pedestrian o/us are fairly steep, especially in 20 bore? Wish we could say the same for a good British boxlock.

Reason you can't is because most were clapped out by the time they hit our shores...

Bad British boxlocks in 20 gauge sell for way more than $700.

Lloyd, I think decent 20 gauge O/U guns are just going to cost more than $700. If you want a quick study in reality of small bore pricing, simply change 20 gauge to 28 gauge, and see what happens to the price of the same guns.
Something like this is more realistic, me thinks:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101534970

O/U guns are far more mainstream than SXS guns. They are priced accordingly.

Thus far, I have successfully managed to avoid any and all Muslim guns, and can offer no input on suitability, or, lack there of.

Best,
Ted

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.