March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (LeFusil, playing hooky, Ian Forrester, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

If its PU , then they say Leather PU or something like that.

There is a great video by the guy who runs Saddleback Leather in San Antonio thats called something like How to Knock Off One of Our Bags. He does a great explanation of leathers in it.

Wish hed make gunslips.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

The ad I saw for the 110 case clearly stated " PU Leather".

I keep kicking myself, there was a genuine Purdey's single gun motor style case in excellent condition a few months back on eBay, It sold for $540, shipped, a real steal. I like the motor case more than the traditional style flat case.
It was from Lewiston, Idaho, isn't there a dealer there?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Put in a request to the seller to cancel my order. Visa charge is still pending. We'll see.

I didn't mind if it wasn't really oak underneath, but y'all scared me up talking about polyurethane "leather".

Thanks, SRH

Hope it works out for the best ,buying sight unseen is always a gamble.
I bought a tweed gunslip in the last sealed bids sale at Holts. Very thin material thin padding and no waterproofing. Fortunately it arrived torn and was returned for refund. This Summer I was in Gullane East of Edinburgh. There is a small shop there called The Black House. The lady who runs it is from Stornaway on Lewis. She travels home to pick up thick Harris tweed and then makes handbags by hand all of which are waterproof lined. She had around four or five side by side tweed gun slips she had made which are very good quality. They are not advertised on her website and she has no plans to make any more. The side by side models are suitable for long barrels and top opening only I bought one for my Parker reproduction and am very impressed with it . The over and under models ,she had about three, are side zipped but I didnt really look at them closely The side by side seemed built for much longer barrels than my 28 inch repro. I can recommend them ,they are under the 200 mark and should sell for more, postage would be reasonable to the US. I am thinking of buying another.If House of Bruar were selling them they would be half again in price but as she makes them all herself volume production is not an option.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 12/09/20 03:08 AM. Reason: Addition
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RecoilRob

You may have seen a different ad than the one I saw, then. Not to be picky, but it said:

GDK LEATHER PU SHOTGUN CASE, WOOD,LEATHER CASE,26-32"GUN CASE,FELT LINING 165pu

.........not PU Leather.

The above was copied directly from the ad itself. If PU means polyurethane, what does the 165pu mean in reference to the felt lining? This is why I question that it is in reference to polyurethane. Does it mean the felt is also polyurethane? I'd think not, which is why I speculate that the PU has another possible meaning.

I will message the contact person at GDK and ask him straight out.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I spent a long time in the leather (shoe) business. The use of PU in that context means it's not leather, it's polyurethane.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/09/20 12:09 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, James. Rob was spot on.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, same vendor also shows this case at 139.99:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351254062374?ViewItem=&item=351254062374
Listing says:

Quote:
Dark brown, Guardian leather drk brown shotgun case

Quote:
This Shotgun case is finished with premium dark brown full grain guardian leather on the exterior and for the interior,

Quote:
have also added the inner leather straps to stop the barrel and stock from moving

Quote:
Full premium dark brown leather exterior finish, with added thick leather corner protectors.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Replacement:

That case looks familiar to me. Its made in China, same as where Tony Galazans cases are made. I made contact with that company in China. Cases were really a deal. However they wanted an order for 250 cases. I did not have storage room for that many

JOhn Boyd
Arrieta

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks John. If it's made in China I'm not interested at any price.

PL Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob

I keep kicking myself, there was a genuine Purdey's single gun motor style case in excellent condition a few months back on eBay, It sold for $540, shipped, a real steal. I like the motor case more than the traditional style flat case.
It was from Lewiston, Idaho, isn't there a dealer there?

Yep, that Purdey case was a steal.

Last edited by PL; 12/09/20 04:01 PM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.