May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jtplumb, mark, 1 invisible), 602 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,541
Posts546,049
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dylan is overrated.

Dad enlisted in the USMC in1947, and was active duty until 1968. He was a reservist from 1968 until 1977. He used to joke it would take an invasion by Martians for him to be activated in the 1970s. He never was activated.
He came out of boot camp a PFC, and never looked back. He loved his Corps, and kept his affairs tidy, and was ready to leave his entire life. It took a long time for the active duty soldier to end up at ease.

I miss him greatly, this time of year.

This photo was printed in The DGJ, longer ago than I care to admit. Pheasant hunting, in southern MN, just in front of a massive storm. It was a great day.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dylan is underrated.

Nice golden there. Looks like a female perhaps.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Dylan is overrated.

Now, little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously

https://youtu.be/AwuCF5lYqEE

Dad enlisted in the USMC in1947, and was active duty until 1968. He was a reservist from 1968 until 1977. He used to joke it would take an invasion by Martians for him to be activated in the 1970s. He never was activated.
He came out of boot camp a PFC, and never looked back. He loved his Corps...

I consider myself lucky I was never court martialed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Dylan is underrated.

Nice golden there. Looks like a female perhaps.

Neither of those dogs could hunt or retrieve, or, for that matter, come when they were called. They came from a shelter and belonged to the 90 year old guy who owned the dirt we were hunting. He just wanted a picture of them “hunting”. He got it. I think the dogs laid by the truck when we hunted.

My Gordon carried the day, just like always, back then. But, by that point he had so many cockle burrs in him, and was so tired, he wasn’t all that photogenic.

If I had to guess, I’d say 90% of the Golden’s I have ever been around fell into the same category as “Sam”, pictured above.

Strictly pets.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Dylan is overrated.

Now, little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously

https://youtu.be/AwuCF5lYqEE

He came out of boot camp a PFC, and never looked back. He loved his Corps...

I consider myself lucky I was never court martialed.

Thanks for your service. Just guessing, but court martialed probably beats KIA.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

My father, God rest his soul, was a POW in WWII, his whole company was captured in Africa, he spent 26 months in a POW camp. I never knew anything about what had happened because he and my mother never said anything. MY mother didn't know for the longest time that he was ok.
When I got drafted November 15, 1965 and on the way to the induction center my father told me with a tear in his eye that going into the Army for 24 months shouldn't be bad and then he told me about him being a POW for 26 months.

The point of me telling this is that war is hell, not everyone comes home to a loved one, and those who do most don't talk about it and let it go.
I was lucky as I was to become an MP and went to Germany, the only people that didn't care for us soldiers were many of the young people my age, why because they didn't understand the war.

I was also fortunate to meet a German civilian who worked on our casern as a fireman. I got to know him well and talk got around to hunting, he asked me if I would like to come out to his father's property and do some morning hunting with him, his son and his father and after noon people would come out for the big hunt. In knowing him better he said that he was in the war in Russia and that his father was in the SS. There was never any talk about the war or no unrest between us. My friend and his family spoke excellent English, the father, no, but when it came time for my to leave Germany the father told his son that there was always a place for me to stay at his house. I just wish I had done that, but when you are 21 there are other things on your mind. I never even wrote which now I feel very bad.

So how you take it about the allies is your problem, most were good people. Many if they didn't do what was told were shot by their commanders.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's easy to walk in another mans shoes on the internet...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I always thought tomorrow, the 7th of December, was the day....
Best,
Ted
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
it is- today is Pearl Harbor Day eve--I snuck that in to see if I have any-eagle eyed readers here-Congrats, Tedster...!RWTF

I'm thinking a more believable explanation is that you're a DOPE. A racist DOPE

Hey "eagle eyes", nice picture with your Pop!
Merry Christmas.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is a post-script, if you will- honoring the brave men who died Dec 1941 at Pearl Harbor (or is that Harbour-for my Scotch nemesis the Konor of the Highlands with his big 3 incher I surmise. Just for the record: (1) I am NOT a registered Republican, nor a Democrat- I will vote for the POTUS candidate that supports 100% all the 10 Amendments- especially the vital 2nd. Trump will, no doubt, go down in Our History as one of the "Top Ten" worse Presidents of all time: (Wilson, Harding, Hoover, Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Clinton. Obammy) BUT at least he was not going to allow our firearms and the right to carry and use them to defend our families and property against the rampant wave of crime and street rioting in America. Trump has a massive ego, he has about as much in common with the citizens of the Red States as I do with some Black Rap-Star--

He dodged the draft 5 times in the Vietnam Era, like Clinton did-and all his millionaire golfing pals couldn't give a Big Rat's Ass about the economy and the working class that is getting screwed, his concern is the DJA and Wall Street--

Now as to my Scotland based nemesis who has the balls to ask me to prove my theory that the Jap-Americans were spies for Tojo and Hirohito. Bugger off-sip some single malt and blow it out your bagpipes- Firstly, when was Scotland invaded from 1939-1945 in the ETO? What part, other than Lord Lovatt and his sharpshooting scout Regiment play in support of the Allies? Were any Scots in the OSS or the Royal Marine Commandoes??

You don't have to agree or attempt to understand my position about our enemies and WW11 espionage-Common sense tells me that one of the main reasons the war in the PTO ran from Dec 1941 to Sept 1945 is Intel on both sides- We broke the Purple Code, and that was a major factor in the Midway battle- we didn't win, but we kicked those little yellow dastards right in the balls-

I voted for Trump because he stands for our 2nd.amendment rights

So as expected you were unable to source any instances of espionage by Japanese/Americans during WW2 , not that that would justify the hanging of innocent civilians interned during the war. You also conveniently ignore the contribution of Japanese /Americans fighting in Europe during WW2. ,some of whose parents would be interned ,as it doesn’t fit with your racist outlook.
Would you consider hanging those Irish political prisoners interned during the troubles following the IRA bombing campaign?

Perhaps you should google Sir David Stirling ,grandson of Lord Lovat and founder of the SAS, in your quest to evaluate Scotland’s contribution to WW2 or the monument to the Commandos at Spean Bridge who trained throughout Lochaber.
If you have time you can browse all the Scottish infantry regiments deployed during WW2. from the Kings Own Scottish Borderers to the Highland Light Infantry and all the infantry regiments lying in between.
The rest of your comment is typical of the armchair warriors so common on the internet who put in a few years then become obsessed with wars they were never a part of and have no personal connection with in an effort to create an image.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
This is a post-script, if you will- honoring the brave men who died Dec 1941 at Pearl Harbor (or is that Harbour-for my Scotch nemesis the Konor of the Highlands with his big 3 incher I surmise. Just for the record: (1) I am NOT a registered Republican, nor a Democrat- I will vote for the POTUS candidate that supports 100% all the 10 Amendments- especially the vital 2nd. Trump will, no doubt, go down in Our History as one of the "Top Ten" worse Presidents of all time: (Wilson, Harding, Hoover, Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Clinton. Obammy) BUT at least he was not going to allow our firearms and the right to carry and use them to defend our families and property against the rampant wave of crime and street rioting in America. Trump has a massive ego, he has about as much in common with the citizens of the Red States as I do with some Black Rap-Star--

He dodged the draft 5 times in the Vietnam Era, like Clinton did-and all his millionaire golfing pals couldn't give a Big Rat's Ass about the economy and the working class that is getting screwed, his concern is the DJA and Wall Street--

Now as to my Scotland based nemesis who has the balls to ask me to prove my theory that the Jap-Americans were spies for Tojo and Hirohito. Bugger off-sip some single malt and blow it out your bagpipes- Firstly, when was Scotland invaded from 1939-1945 in the ETO? What part, other than Lord Lovatt and his sharpshooting scout Regiment play in support of the Allies? Were any Scots in the OSS or the Royal Marine Commandoes??

You don't have to agree or attempt to understand my position about our enemies and WW11 espionage-Common sense tells me that one of the main reasons the war in the PTO ran from Dec 1941 to Sept 1945 is Intel on both sides- We broke the Purple Code, and that was a major factor in the Midway battle- we didn't win, but we kicked those little yellow dastards right in the balls-

I voted for Trump because he stands for our 2nd.amendment rights

So as expected you were unable to source any instances of espionage by Japanese/Americans during WW2 , not that that would justify the hanging of innocent civilians interned during the war. You also conveniently ignore the contribution of Japanese /Americans fighting in Europe during WW2. ,some of whose parents would be interned ,as it doesn’t fit with your racist outlook.
Would you consider hanging those Irish political prisoners interned during the troubles following the IRA bombing campaign?

Perhaps you should google Sir David Stirling ,grandson of Lord Lovat and founder of the SAS, in your quest to evaluate Scotland’s contribution to WW2 or the monument to the Commandos at Spean Bridge who trained throughout Lochaber.
If you have time you can browse all the Scottish infantry regiments deployed during WW2. from the Kings Own Scottish Borderers to the Highland Light Infantry and all the infantry regiments lying in between.
The rest of your comment is typical of the armchair warriors so common on the internet who put in a few years then become obsessed with wars they were never a part of and have no personal connection with in an effort to create an image.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP90-00552R000202030026-8.pdf

Look up “Jimmie Sasaki”. If you’re familiar with the hero Louie Zamparini’s story, you’ll know who Jimmie Sasaki already is.

There’s all kinds of proof, stories, articles, & official documents out there if you simply just do a little research or reading. I posted these two obvious examples...there’s tons more information out there. We won’t even get into the Japanese-American CIA plants and agents working the Japanese-American neighborhoods all across the country rooting out communist in the 1930’s.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.